Talk

Advanced search

Back on it

(17 Posts)
didireallysaythat Sat 21-Nov-15 23:40:26

So I've restarted going to mtgs (never seems to work for me just online) but I'm a little worried that I won't lose anything in my first week as having done this twice before, you'd think I could do this by myself but no....

So reassure me. Should I expect a loss in the first week ? I did the other two times. But if I don't this time I might just give up as it's getting harder as I get older !

29PaddingtonSt Sun 22-Nov-15 12:04:14

Yes! Are you planning to point or do filling and healthy mostly? If you're pointing and stick to your budget and are accurate calculating and measuring portions then you will lose weight. If you follow filling and healthy then be careful that your portions are not too big and track everything that isn't on the list making sure that you don't go over your 49 points. Increase your activity so you earns some activity points (but don't eat them!) and yes you will lose weight! smilesmile

didireallysaythat Sun 22-Nov-15 18:58:18

Paddington thank you ! I'm tracking. Got a nice app with a scanner and I don't mind weighing things as I'm sure it's portion size that got me here. Today is the first day I've gone over my 26 (had two dates with my yogurt - I'm living it up). As for activity - well that's my other down fall. I'm virtually static during the day due to job change. No lunchtime break for a walk alas. But I know if I lose a bit I can start running without doing myself a mischief. I'll report back on weigh in night....

29PaddingtonSt Sun 22-Nov-15 20:02:32

Good luck! Have you got any fitness DVDs or a wii fit, Xbox etc that you can do in the evening? What night's your weigh in?

didireallysaythat Sun 22-Nov-15 21:46:56

I have a couple of DVDs but I'm not good at getting off my backside - once the kids are in bed (around 9-9:30) I usually sort out laundry, do prep for next day at work then go to bed ! I did manage a boot camp but only in the summer - i need sunlight !

Weigh in is Wednesday. I must remember to go !!

dottyaboutstripes Mon 23-Nov-15 12:34:55

I went back to meetings in September as I'd allowed some weight to creep back on and found I just couldn't do it on my own. I lost 1lb in week one - I'll admit I was annoyed it wasn't more as I'd gone from eating whatever I wanted to pointing religiously, but I've stuck with it and lost 7lbs in 8 weeks so far. It's slower than I'd hoped but it's better than if I hadn't gone at all!
Good luck smile

didireallysaythat Mon 23-Nov-15 22:17:34

dotty a loss is a loss however you look at it, and brilliant it's been continuing. Feeling fairly positive at the moment but just realised we are away or have visitors for the next 4 weekends so I need to plan way in advance as I can't point when others are cooking for me.

didireallysaythat Wed 25-Nov-15 21:33:37

Four pounds off. The next month will be telling !

29PaddingtonSt Wed 25-Nov-15 22:35:40

Brilliant!! I told you that you would lose!

didireallysaythat Wed 25-Nov-15 22:52:12

Paddington thank you ! It's actually not been to hard. I don't track everything religiously but I only tracked 2 of my 49 extras, as I know the splash of milk in my tea, scrapping of butter on a slice of toast etc is covered that way.

Still, away with family for the weekend. Someone else cooking, limited breakfast options etc and alcohol.... Could be awful !!

dottyaboutstripes Wed 25-Nov-15 23:00:14

Fantastic!
I'm going away for the weekend so goodness knows what will happen at my next weigh in! Hopefully we can both manage a bit of damage limitationsmile

didireallysaythat Thu 26-Nov-15 08:10:06

Dotty I'm just going to try and limit damage. I'm then at home until xmas when I'll also be away... So aiming not to put 4 (or more) back on this week... Not sure I've got a positive mindset here.

dottyaboutstripes Thu 26-Nov-15 09:39:08

Not a good time of year is it?! We are away this weekend, next weekend my birthday, following weekend away again for an all expenses paid Xmas shindig! All sound lovely but not WW. friendly confused
I plan to enjoy though!

29PaddingtonSt Fri 04-Dec-15 20:30:02

How did you do this week Didi?

didireallysaythat Fri 04-Dec-15 20:46:52

Hi Paddington - another 1lb off, rather undeserved. Got my mum staying for the weekend so I had to have gin to cope, plus chocolate today, and then I didn't track. Not good. I think I need to set myself a goal. Does that help ?

29PaddingtonSt Fri 04-Dec-15 22:06:48

Well done! Yes, it definitely helps to set yourself small goals so that you stay focused. Did you agree a goal with your leader that you wanted to achieve in the first four weeks?

didireallysaythat Sat 05-Dec-15 09:42:00

My leader didn't suggest goals. This week (week 3) I asked her to fill in my 5 and 10% numbers. To be honest the group isn't great - I used to have a fantastic leader but moved away alas.... Currently just weighing less is what I need and I won't really know for a couple of months if I'm in the right frame of mind to do this (xmas isn't great....)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now