Talk

Advanced search

What I've learned in two weeks of Weight Watchers...

(5 Posts)
RoseInTheRain Fri 16-Oct-15 09:50:42

To buy and drink skimmed milk instead of whole.

Yes, really. We have been drinking whole milk for as long as I can remember. Cannot believe the differences it makes in terms of points.

To bulk up things like omelettes with veg like tomatoes and mushrooms, instead of cheese.

This was suggested by an MNer on another thread this week, and it was like a lightbulb had gone off in my head.

To make a meal out of low/no point food

Sounds obvious but it wouldn't have occurred to me that you can make a really filling soup or gazpacho out of zero point vegetables.

I am sure as I carry on I will find more tips so I will come back and add to the thread! I would love to have some 'buddies' on there too - username is the same as on here if you'd like to add me smile Need to lose a good 2 stone but would be happy with 1 gone by Christmas! smile

RoseInTheRain Fri 16-Oct-15 09:52:21

You don't need tons of oil in your pan

I used to whack a slosh of oil in whenever I was cooking something - I realised at the weekend that just a tiny bit of oil spread around the pan with some kitchen roll works just as well!

Schrodingersmum Thu 22-Oct-15 07:55:29

You could also look at using quorn as its very low points, last night I cooked the quorn cottage pie recipe which is a generous portion for 7 points with free veg, its very popular in our house

Blankiefan Mon 16-Nov-15 20:53:02

If you can bear the waste, use extra egg whites in your omelettes for free! Just bin the yolks...

PenelopePitstops Fri 04-Dec-15 22:14:18

I've learnt the lifestyle change is important. Lost over a stone so far (slowly) but my life is so very different. I eat better portion sizes and drink a lot more water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now