Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Want to give Weight Watchers a try before Christmas - any tips?

(12 Posts)
aBrightNewDay Sun 04-Oct-15 23:48:59

There are 11 or 12 weeks before Christmas and if I could lose a good stone before then I'd be happy! Is it doable? I like to eat 'real food' (full fat, no added sugar etc), but then I have a sweet tooth and tend to snack on crap. Hoping the points system would help me with this! smile Anyone else doing similar?

Itshouldntmatter Wed 14-Oct-15 07:21:03

No tips but I have the same agenda! I joined two weeks ago, and actually started counting points on Sunday, after my first meeting. I am feeling a bit suspicious of the pro points (I did the old one years ago) because, as rediculous as this sounds, it seems too easy! So I've been eating below my daily allowance.Also I was doing 5/2 and compared to that (and being hungry), I'm not. In terms of the eating - I love cakes and biscuits but can't do them in moderation so until I loose some weight I'm off them. I need a positive start to get my motivation up.

NotSoSkinnyLove Wed 14-Oct-15 07:27:00

Yep I'm doing something very similar! Desperate to lose at least a stone and not look squeezed into a dress again at Christmas parties! I'm on week 3 and have lost 7lbs so far! I read somewhere to stick to your daily points (without any extra points) at least twice a week and that seems to be ok. I like it that if I'm feeling hungry I can just say sod it and eat cake but because I have to track points I don't get carried away and keep eating more!

Itshouldntmatter Wed 14-Oct-15 08:25:03

7lbs in three weeks is great! I'd be really pleased with that. I have my first weigh in, then I'm away for work and will struggle to count, and then I'll miss the next meeting because DH and I have two nights away without the children. All good, but I need a good week this week to stop me just going for all the cakes sad

NotSoSkinnyLove Wed 14-Oct-15 19:54:10

Have you got the app? I find it really easy to use to track points and seeing it in black and white helps. I don't really restrict myself but try and just have half as much of the bad stuff that I would have had in the past. I can't say no to everything, as soon as I make something not allowed I want it even more...such a child!

Itshouldntmatter Wed 14-Oct-15 22:13:38

Yes, I do have the app. So much easier than the old hand written book smile I went out tonight though and have struggled to track that. But I tried to be healthy, although I'm sure it was more points than I have registered.

y0rkier0se Tue 20-Oct-15 22:30:22

Hey, can I join? I've just joined online tonight with my boyfriend. Excited to give it a go, want to lose a stone for xmas. Was doing Slimming world this year and lost a stone but fell of the wagon in July and then got back up to an awful weight blush.

Itshouldntmatter Wed 21-Oct-15 14:09:07

Hello ?? wishing you a good first week! Thus far, I have been really pleased with WW. I'm away for three days on a course and then away again for three days next week, so I'm a little worried about not eating all the cakes and treats there will be ?? But I lost 4lbs in week one (not eating my extra allowance helped I think), so I am hoping it won't all go wrong.

Itshouldntmatter Wed 21-Oct-15 21:50:23

Sorry - not sure where the ??'s came from!! They should have been smile.

y0rkier0se Mon 26-Oct-15 10:57:00

4lbs is a great loss! How did you get on on your course? I'm struggling with the portion sizes to be honest, I have 30 points a day so today I've had half a tin of beans and bacon for breakfast, a nakd smoothie, then for lunch planning the WW macaroni cheese ready meal and the chilli and wedges ready meal for tea. That's my 30 used exactly. I know I won't be full after the ready meals so will just have to snack on fruit. Eating lots of prepackaged ready meal type food which is weird I normally cook every night but struggling to find out the points - the app isn't great - so it's easy to just grab something with the points written on it. Sticking it out though to see the results for Xmas!

helenahandbag Tue 27-Oct-15 16:49:24

I've just signed up again today. I've got a few things coming up between the 7th November and Christmas so it helps knowing that I only have to be 100% "on it" for a week or two at a time, with some nice meals and days out in between.

I'm hoping for 10lbs off for Christmas, anything else is a bonus!

Itshouldntmatter Fri 30-Oct-15 14:57:38

Yorkier it was tricky on my course. There was biscuits and cakes everywhere, and I'm really rubbish at resisting! And then I went away for a lovely two nights away in a nice hotel with nice food with hubby. So, I'm just hoping that I don't put lots of that back on. I think after my 4 nights away (and the white chocolate cookies), I have only put on a pound or so, so I'm just trying to get rid of that. I'm missing weigh in AGAIN on Sunday - which actually I miss because it is a good motivation.

For the portion sizes - I have just been going all out on fruit and vegetables. I find that stops the hunger pangs. Last time I did it fruit counted points wise, so it is nice to have it free. Although I will have to make sure I don't bankrupt myself on over-priced fruit salads!!!!

But aside from that, how was your first week? Okay?

And hello Helena smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now