Talk

Advanced search

Is Weight watchers compatible with a low-sugar diet?

(7 Posts)
bitsandbobsandbits Wed 07-Jan-15 04:32:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thatwhichwecallarose Wed 07-Jan-15 05:22:20

I think it is. I eat a lot of fruit and veg though. It does promote 0% fat stuff though rather than smaller portions of the good stuff! You just have to ignore that really. The trick is to have a stock of low point foods in plus half a dozen or so recipes using these ingredients.

BIWI Wed 07-Jan-15 05:31:33

From the last TV ad I saw for WW it looks like they now offer a range of plans, one of which is low carb, which will (or should be) low sugar.

If you're wanting to do low sugar, why not join one of the groups on MN? I believe there's a specific low sugar thread. Or you could join the next Bootcamp (low carb) which starts on 19/1?

bitsandbobsandbits Wed 07-Jan-15 10:41:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

radiobedhead Wed 07-Jan-15 10:44:27

What about using MyFitnessPal? You can have whatever you want as long as you track it and it's free

tobysmum77 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:32:14

the 0% fat yoghurt if you are talking greek yoghurt has no added sugar at all its made of skimmed milk.

OP absolutely yes. but you won't be able to eat exactly what you like other than sugar.

PleaseComeFlying Wed 06-May-15 13:48:31

BIWI - I wish WW would employ you to do a special WW/low carb diet! I tried Bootcamp in Jan (diff name, was BlueberryHope) and loved the food and found the science behind it both fascinating and compelling! Your help is rightly legendary. But I love the WW support - the website, masses of recipes, point finder, online groups, real life groups etc - I think that I - and others - need that to help with motivation. Did well on Low carbing but found it hard as DH hated it, and had previously lost nearly 3st with WW, so am now trying the lower carb (ie lots less sugar!) version of WW - but I feel like asking them if they would do a proper low carb BootCamp-style pilot group. I don't know if the two are incompatible or not, but I'd love them to try.

In answer to OP, I think sticking to lower-carb fruits, plain yogurt and small amounts of dark chocolate for your sweet things - and having only small portions of brown carbs balanced out by protein if you want them, is probably the least sugary way of doing WW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now