Talk

Advanced search

I haven't joined WW but fancy trying the new system, how can I work out how many points I'm allowed?

(11 Posts)
Katnisscupcake Mon 10-Mar-14 12:22:13

Hi there,

I used to do WW years ago when it was the old system and I know I was allowed 18 points.

Obviously it's changed a lot but I don't have much to lose and don't want to join a club. I've been doing SW at home (with a group of friends) since January and have lost 13lbs. I would like to lose another 8 lbs ideally.

I am planning to get all the info to start next week. I've got some books that a friend has leant me but I can't find the instructions to work out how many points I can have.

Thank you!

annielostit Mon 10-Mar-14 17:46:07

There's no way to work out your pro points yourself. I think the lowest numbers of daily pro points is 26, with 49 weekly pro points, unless you have a calculator. The new simple start is as sw. All the free food is free, you eat till you feel satisfied. Breakfast lunch & dinner. 2 treats from the list for 2 wks.

newlark Mon 10-Mar-14 20:09:58

I would also guess 26 pts plus 49 weekly points as that what I was on as soon as my BMI dipped below 25. (I started on 27 or 28 daily points - I can't remember now)

brettgirl2 Thu 13-Mar-14 06:47:15

I'm on 27 points plus 49 weekly and bmi 24. I am 5'10 though so that may make a difference.

sammyb93 Wed 19-Mar-14 03:12:13

Hey,

Everyone gets a basic 49 they can have for the whole week to dip into, use it how you like some people split it into 7 extra points a day, others use the whole lot at the weekend and some don't use them at all.

As for your personal daily allowance, I will work it out for you if you give me your height weight and age? I have about ten calculators at homegrin

clare8allthepies Sat 22-Mar-14 08:22:58

Ooh Sammy could you do me?

5 foot 2, 11 stone 4 blush 37 (boo)

Also do you know how many extra points you get for breastfeeding?

Have just looked into rejoining now my daughter is 4 months old but here all the meetings are in the evenings. I have all the books from before I got pregnant but if I'm not going to get the benefit of the weekly weigh and meetings then I don't really want to fork out to join up! grin

milkybarsrus Sat 22-Mar-14 16:37:42

Sammy I would appreciate it if you could work my points out too please? Age 47, weight 12.5, height 5.2, lazy arse sedentary ! I sound a right catch don't I ?

sammyb93 Sat 22-Mar-14 18:22:33

Clare8allthepies you have 26 a day which is the lowest you can have anyway so you wouldn't need to recalculate at any point, also I got this off the ww website:

If you are currently breastfeeding and this is the only source of nutrition for your baby: 14 ProPoints values will be added to your daily ProPoints allowance.

'If you are currently breastfeeding but supplementing this with solids or formula: 7 ProPoints values will be added to your daily ProPoints allowance.'

It does workout expensive, I have to have the responsibility of going to the meeting and being weighed otherwise I don't have the will power, and I couldn't live without the ww app! But if you can do it save your money and spend it on nice food instead! Good luck!

Milkybarsrus you are also 26! Haha strangely this doesn't use how active you are to determine your points like it used to so dw!

Good luck aswell! I am nearly at my 2nd weigh in and I lost 3lb last week!

clare8allthepies Sat 22-Mar-14 21:57:17

Thanks Sammy! thanks

Wow 14 points extra, that's good grin

I never used the app much but did use the esource site for online tracking, recipe builder etc

I think I'll see how I get on by myself and then if it's not going too well will sign up for a meeting and let my other half handle bath and bed!

clare8allthepies Sat 22-Mar-14 21:58:49

Well done on the 3 pounds as well!

Sleepy678 Mon 24-Mar-14 00:55:33

Wonder if you could help me too ? I'm in the same position. I'm not breast feeding anymore but don't have time to go to meetings as hubby works away during the week & my baby is 5 months. I would love to know how many points I need a day. I did WW years ago and loved the point system. I think I'm really in need of doing it again as I'm currently 15 stone 13 & 5ft 6 & 34 years old :-( my baby weight has stuck ! Gone are the days when I thought I was fat at 10 stone ! Could anybody help ? I'm desperate ! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now