Talk

Advanced search

How different is WW now from 5+years ago?

(5 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Tue 25-Feb-14 12:05:53

I successfully lost 3 stone with WW 6 years ago after I had my first child, kept it off for 2 years but put it all back on (& some blush) when I got pregnant again. After burying my head in the sand about my size for a long time I've tried & failed with 5:2, eating 'carefully' wink & calorie counting with mfp so think I need to go back to WW. Unfortunately I haven't got any of my old calculators or cook books so will have to start from scratch but wondered how different it is now with Propoints & Simple Start and whether I should try online or find a meeting which I did last time. Any words of wisdom for an old timer coming back to it again?

mrssmith79 Tue 25-Feb-14 12:13:27

It's not a huge deal different in that'points' are still at the core of things. With the new pro points they are calculated differently and you get more of them but they are worth less and can't be carried over or banked. Simple Start is essentially like a SW Green day, nor for me I'm afraid - they work on the premise of filling up on certain foods and knowing to stop eating when you're full...I daresay I wouldn't be shelling out to ww each week if I was capable of that!

I enjoy meetings and have my best success when I attend each week - don't always stay for the talk but it helps me that I'm 'accountable' to someone at the scales iyswim.

Hope that helps a bit - and good luck!

PhoebeMcPeePee Tue 25-Feb-14 12:31:46

Thanks - that's interesting about SW as that was the other plan I was contemplating but know nothing about it (other than there's a new meeting started at the end of my road as opposed to a 5 mile drive to WW grin)

newlark Tue 25-Feb-14 20:55:50

Having just restarted on the new system, out of interest I dug out my first set of WW stuff from the 1990s - 123 Success with all its little booklets in a small cardboard wallet smile. I'm liking the app more I think - miles easier to track. Its a shame the points are different as I still have a little purple points calculator (I think from the 2000's - probably when doing the PurePoints version - were they the same value points?).

I do like the flexibility of counting points, particularly as my main problem is portion control.

moonbells Sat 29-Mar-14 22:22:21

123 Success 2000 is the one I did, and I'm doing it again now (got the calculator too) as I refuse to shell out for more bits of cardboard.

It worked then, works now. Phoebe if you want one of the card calculators I've got two, and I'm sure I also still have a couple of cookbooks too that I think I read once!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now