Talk

Advanced search

Advice please - simple start, is it?

(10 Posts)
Minnieisthedevilmouse Wed 05-Feb-14 10:55:51

Hi

Have two toddlers and a dh. I need to lose weight. I did ww years ago and it worked but I was single so I was only responsible for feeding me. Far different now.

I'm loathe to spend the money to join and fail because I can't fathom out what to do to suit all of us for dinner out of the list. I'd probs do online rather than meetings.

It talks about free foods and unlimited with no counting. Can anyone give me an idea what foods that covers please?

Italian esque stuff features a lot, as does meat and two veg type as kids like plain, obvious food with little messing with. They aren't adventurous at 3 & 1, but eat well if recognisable and simple. They love gravy.

Dh and I are more adventurous but time is the key, or being bothered. Our downfall is portion size I think. And booze, the obvious crisps etc so I'd hope by cutting obvious stuff out if food was right it would work simply.

What do you think?

trainersandaches Wed 05-Feb-14 21:35:56

You on,y do simple start for two weeks unless you really want to - I found it really boring but I'm veggie so there weren't many options.

Can you watch some of he youtube vids explaining it and decide from there?

pigsDOfly Thu 06-Feb-14 22:54:08

Hi Minnie. I've got to goal using the pro points system, found it worked very well for me.

Simple start, which goes on to become what they call 'filling and healthy' can only really work if you're prepared to cook from scratch and would seem to be ideal for someone with a family to cook for - I know someone who has lost masses on f & h and she has four children. Most foods are allowed. It does have a few restrictions but they are very few, and really wouldn't impact on feeding a family.

You eat until you feel satisfied and learn portion control and of course, you cut out the sort of things you mention, crisps, booze etc.

Minnieisthedevilmouse Fri 07-Feb-14 10:15:06

Ok thanks. That's the thing. If I do it I've got to work out us all doing it as I cba to do seperate meals, daft.

I'll YouTube. Didn't occur to me there would be vids! Cheers all

wecantallbeperfect Fri 07-Feb-14 10:22:35

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/WW7259_32957_Shopping_List_34358.pdf

Minnieisthedevilmouse Wed 12-Feb-14 10:45:02

We can't, I'm definitely not but you actually are this link is brilliant!! Thanks a lot has really helped.

HalleLouja Wed 12-Feb-14 15:56:19

I have been feeding my children Simple Start meals. I have maybe added cheese etc to their meals to give them more fat. I am loving the soups and cook from scratch. Am doing F&H with 49 extra points.

HalleLouja Wed 12-Feb-14 15:56:40

Quite a lot of the hairy dieters stuff seems to fit in with SS.

Chewbecca Thu 20-Feb-14 21:48:25

Simple Start is basically unlimited lean meat, eggs, pulses, brown rice, brown pasta, potatoes, veg, fruit plus a few specific bread like products.
It's back to basics eating with very little fat at all.
It works if you stick to it and it sounds like your family's diet might work ok with it.
Good luck!

chocolatespiders Thu 20-Feb-14 21:52:39

Remember to include 2 spoons of healthy oil everyday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now