Talk

Advanced search

Healthy snacks? What do you eat??

(11 Posts)
diva4mgl Mon 15-Aug-05 19:58:18

Hiya,
I have 4 months old and sometimes i have no time to eat and cook for myself when DH is away.
I keep eating chocolates and biscuits. I started having fruit but end up eating 4-5 apples,whole bunch bananas, some cherry`s or strawberries
I know fuit is fine but i wanted to know more healthy snacks.
Please help me to eat healthy snacks, not ready cooked meal.
Trying to loose weight but when i get hungry i ended up eating all the no nos
Any ideas much appreciated
THNX

loulabelle222 Mon 15-Aug-05 20:04:38

how about ryvita (sesame are lovely) and laughing cow cheese... with some ham or topping of your choice.
Get rid of the chocs and biscuits that way you can't eat them! Muller lights are healthy too

spidermama Mon 15-Aug-05 20:05:58

Nuts. Dried apricots and other dried fruit. Corn and rice cakes. Oat cakes with something on them.

fisil Mon 15-Aug-05 20:12:42

seeds, dried fruit

When dh is around, always cook extra and freeze it. We have loads of frozen soup which I heat up when I'm alone.

Saker Mon 15-Aug-05 21:37:45

low fat yoghurt, cottage cheese, prepacked fresh soup if it's a fairly low calorie one

Flossam Mon 15-Aug-05 21:39:27

Mussels! Very low fat and good for you. Bit of a change from the ordinary. Not everyones taste but Asda does small shelled packs of them for about a pound. In Brine mind you but my love for mussels is great...

pjsmum Mon 15-Aug-05 21:40:40

couldn't agree more with the ryvita and laughing cow Also i munch on olives( although salty), homemade veg soup when have the time, vegetable sticks, carrots, celery etc and salsa

Saker Mon 15-Aug-05 21:42:40

Flossam that's a good one - all seafood is good - prawns is another or the mixed seafood packs.

Nbg Mon 15-Aug-05 21:42:51

This is a great thread.

I'm going out for ryvita and laughing cow tomorrow!

jenk1 Tue 16-Aug-05 11:26:20

raisins,mullerlight yoghurs

FairyMum Tue 16-Aug-05 11:27:35

I snack on nuts (very fattening!), carrots and cellery.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: