Talk

Advanced search

start weight 99.1kg, weight today 95.4kg, whats is the loss in pounds?

(29 Posts)
misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:25:07

cos i am useless at weight conversions

Nemo1977 Sun 07-Aug-05 21:25:57

i think it is roughly 9lbs...i say think as ds was around 4kg at birth

gigglinggoblin Sun 07-Aug-05 21:27:43

any help?

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:28:02

is it??!!

not even a week yet!!!

Gillian76 Sun 07-Aug-05 21:28:43

What are you doing misee? I read about your slimmer's food package!

jamiesam Sun 07-Aug-05 21:30:02

8.16lb according to this

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:31:07

lighterlife.

jamiesam Sun 07-Aug-05 21:31:19

Oops, far too slow.

In under a week! Way to go Misdee. I've lost 6lb in just under 3 weeks.

Gillian76 Sun 07-Aug-05 21:31:46

Oh god, how are you finding it?

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:33:22

bloody awful whlst i was at the hospital as my cooking facilities were limited. but now i am home i think it will be easier. i have my new 'magic bullet' and loads of ideas on what to try out with this packs. might mnake some 'crisps' tomorrow lol.

moonshine Sun 07-Aug-05 21:35:33

Well done Misdee! You'll soon get into a routine with it and find the flavours/recipes that suit you best.

Gillian76 Sun 07-Aug-05 21:36:10

Much admiration for you misdee - considering the stress you are under.

Good luck!

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:36:31

moonshine i tried vanilla ice cream earlier, ohhh that was yummy.

hub2dee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:39:02

Hi misdee, you can google these sorts of things; they have a built in language / unit conversion engine.

Just google:

3.7 kilos in pounds (exactly like that, no need for quote marks etc.)

and you'll get:

"3.7 kilograms = 8.1571037 pounds"

If you want to be mega anal, you can then google

.157 pounds in ounces

and you'll get:

"0.157 pounds = 2.51200 ounces"

So you have lost 8 pounds 2 1/2 ounces.

If that isn't enough you can google

8 pounds in stones

or even 8 pounds 2 1/2 ounces in stones and you'll get:

"8 pounds (2 1/2) ounces = 0.582589286 stones"

You have lost just over half a stone.

And you are feeling very sleepy. You eyes are heavy. You are feeling sleepy.

<yawn>

Night Night X

moonshine Sun 07-Aug-05 21:40:36

I always have the vanilla with hot water and coffee - I need one every day! Can't believe I can say that now when I used to find most of them not particularly nice. Hope I don't get addicted to sweet full-fat cappuccinos instead after it's all over!

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:42:30

i was getting really fed up, in fact last night i had a sausage in onion gravy and a dozen chips from the canteen as my tummy was growling and the sausages smelt yummy. but i felt so bad afterwards, and check to see if iwas still in ketosis (i went into ketosis within 12hours of starting, so was amazed!!), and iwas so am hoping it hasnt had too much of an effect.

why do some people struggle to get into ketosis? when i was pregnant with dd3 i was kept in hospital as i was producing too many ketones, (i had terrible all day sickness and felt really weak), even tho in the days running up to that bout of sickness i ate really high carb food, and it took 2 days of eating food before i was allowed to be discharged as after the 1st day i was still prodcuing ketones.

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:47:18

hey hub!! i didnt now that, iwas just wondering if i could someones brains and also have a little boast lol.

how is that gorgeous daughter of yours?

moonshine Sun 07-Aug-05 21:51:23

Can't answer that I'm afraid, but I do know that some people do find the first few days absolute hell - hunger, headaches etc etc BUT it does pass and it's amazing how unhungry you will eventually feel physically. Of course the problem is the emotional hunger, ie being pissed off or stressed and eating to help you briefly feel better or forget your problems. But that is what we are trying to beat, I guess.

Oh and saw your other thread - hope it all goes well. Just think - over 6 months you will make a great 'sub-plot' as they see you shrinking before their very eyes!

hub2dee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:54:43

Well done on shifting half a stone of lard. I could join you in losing, ahem, several.

dd has got milk spots and a red, almost rashy face (as I think the spots start to blossom / disappear) and her farts stink BIG TIME. (Does that sound normal for say 50% EBM 50% formula ?)

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:54:47

i know, i'm sure that some people will be muttering 'thats not the same wife.......'

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 21:56:30

hey hub, apply a basic moisturiser to her face, dd2 and dd3 skin become really flakey and quite sore looking.

and baby farts do pong when formula is introduced. hows the breastfeeding going?

hub2dee Sun 07-Aug-05 22:18:04

bf= slow to none. Expressing. Currently mastitis round two.

Took piccies of dd in your 'little me' towel but they were crap ! Will send nice one as and when ! We used your pink hat the other day and it is still massive on her, LOL !

PS - did u get recent e-mail re:addie ?

misdee Sun 07-Aug-05 22:20:55

yes i did, thank you, i have emailed carrie. am still in shock tbh.

i have some pics of our short break at the hospital to upload, and might even pop one of peter up for all to see. he wont now so he cant tell me off lol!

hub2dee Sun 07-Aug-05 22:24:24

LOL.

V. glad people were so kind. Has it been useful ? I guess it may have helped pay for this rooming in weekend ? (apologies if I've understood who stayed where etc.)

hub2dee Sun 07-Aug-05 22:26:34

typo: if i've misunderstood...

dd tucked up in mega fetal position on chest with her feet perhaps one inch from her mouth ! she has long legs and is still very supple and delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now