Weight Watchers No Count diet.

(15 Posts)
pineneedle Sat 06-Aug-05 10:52:30

This might be a bit much to ask, but would anyone mind posting the list of foods allowed in this diet?

catsmother Sat 06-Aug-05 12:23:33

Oh gosh, here goes:

All fruit and vegetables (not fruit juice, if you drink this you have to point it, though I blitz fruits in a blender for same effect, with fibre !. Not dried fruit, agin, you have to point this. And, rather obviously, not processed potato, like deep fried or mashed with butter, though you can make very good "chips" & wedges with the 1 cal oil spray)
All meats - again, not processed, so no sausages, reconstituted stuff or bought burgers .... but you can make meatballs & home-made burgers with very lean mince. Choose lean cuts if possible. Cut off fat !!
All poultry - chicken, turkey, duck.
All fish, including shellfish - not processed. Tinned fish in brine, water or tomato sauce.
Tea, coffee, water, skimmed milk, soya milk, low sugar squash, diet drinks @ 1 cal per 100ml or less.
Sugar free cereals - e.g. shredded wheat, porridge, weetabix, cornflakes, rice crispies etc.
Rice cakes
Crispbread
Artificial sweetener
Salt, pepper, vinegar, mint sauce, apple sauce, passata, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, herbs, spices, stock cubes, gravy granules (I think), lemon / lime juices, marmite, mustard, tabasco, teriyaki sauce, thai fish sauce, vanilla essence
Low fat yoghurt / fromage frais
Low fat soft cheese
Cottage Cheese
Eggs
Quark (I think)
Rice
Polenta
Couscous
Pearl barley
Beans (e.g. kidney, cannellini, baked beans in tomato)
Pasta (not filled)
Semolina
Sugar free jelly
Noodles
Rice noodles
Pop corn, air popped
Buckwheat
Bulghar wheat
Quinoa
Pulses
Lentils

Think that's more or less it, but if you enjoy cooking you can make a surprising no. of recipes.

I lost 8.5 lbs in 1st 2 weeks and that was with using the extra 21 points you're allowed for "incidentals" to treat myself to rather a lot of chocolate instead !

pineneedle Sat 06-Aug-05 12:45:36

Wow, thank you very much for this, Catsmother.

And well done too - thats amazing for two weeks WITH chocolate .

Got a bit of time to do recipes at the moment, so should be able to give it a go.

Dior Sat 06-Aug-05 12:59:30

Message withdrawn

pineneedle Sat 06-Aug-05 13:17:31

Top tips! Thanks, Dior.

emily05 Sun 07-Aug-05 14:01:12

can you eat as much of the foods on the list as you like?

PeachyClair Sun 07-Aug-05 14:27:05

Only at meals, (3 a day) and only until you are full, in between you can snack on fruit and veg ONLY (and WeightWatchers say that cup of tea / coffee with skimmed milk is OK)

Gillian76 Sun 07-Aug-05 14:33:52

Dior, do you know how much the book of menu plans costs at meetings?

Dior Sun 07-Aug-05 18:54:43

Message withdrawn

Gillian76 Sun 07-Aug-05 19:36:22

Was looking on ebay, but I think they always go for ridiculous prices on there!

Dior Sun 07-Aug-05 20:16:42

Message withdrawn

Pamina3 Wed 07-Sep-05 21:59:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bobby439 Mon 13-Jun-16 15:27:57

noodles arnt on no count unless you get the naked ones from supermarkets about 1.99 a packet

LordoftheTits Wed 15-Jun-16 10:17:52

bobby439

This thread is 11 years old and they are referring to the old plan, three plans ago!

Fonrims Wed 31-Aug-16 10:29:29

Hi i just joined sating hello to all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now