Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried Hypnotherapy for weight loss ?

(7 Posts)
Kayleigh Fri 22-Jul-05 09:29:04

A friend of mine has had hypnotherapy and has stopped smoking. She thinks the hypnotherapist is brilliant and this woman does weight loss through hypnotherapy. I am very sceptical. I tried Paul Mckennas CD and it worked for a couple of weeks but then it stopped working.

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy for weight loss and did it work ?

loulabelle222 Fri 22-Jul-05 09:31:35

i havent personally tried it no but my cousin did and she was convinced that it worked. However two weeks later she was back to her bad habits. I just think it depends on how you are really.

Kayleigh Fri 22-Jul-05 09:36:02

loulabelle222, do you know if she just went once - or did she have a course of sessions ?

loulabelle222 Fri 22-Jul-05 09:40:24

i think it was about 3 times that she went and she thought it was fantastic but after the course she lost it within 2 weeks but it may be different for u

Kayleigh Sat 23-Jul-05 09:34:19

I think it's the sort of thing you need to keep at if you want it to carry on.

edgetop Sat 23-Jul-05 13:26:23

i had hypnotherapy stopped eating chocolate for a year losted 2stone.one day i fancyed some and have eaten it ever since.i think you need to keep having top ups.i have tryed paul mckenna but it didnt work for me,might try again.each diet i try i put more on

makealist Sat 23-Jul-05 13:38:42

I had hypnotherapy to stop smoking and it worked,(haven't smoked for over 5 years now) so my mum paid for me to have some to help me with my weight, had a course of 6 and it cost around £300. for some reason it never worked for my weight and have gradually put on another couple of stone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now