Talk

Advanced search

Joined weightwatchers .. starting tomorrow .. just one question

(7 Posts)
Twiglett Mon 27-Jun-05 22:32:22

do I count points or do the 3 meals a day?

I snack a lot during day and questionnaire at start of book seems to lead me to 3 meals a day but really don't like that kind of diet where I have to think too much and prepare in advance .. doesn't work for me

bosscat Mon 27-Jun-05 22:40:47

I've done both. I like the points because you can eat what you like and I snack too throughout the day. But I did the No Count last week and found it much easier than I originally thought. It was so easy you should give it a go. I thought I'd be cooking constantly but I wasn't. A cereal for breakfast and fruit, rice cakes and low fat cheese, salad, non creamy soup, low fat fromage frais, fruit for lunch, chicken or fish with potatoes and salad or veg for dinner. Really easy. I saved all my points for wine every night. I lost 2 and a half pounds in the week I did it, and I'd been losing only a pound on points. I only have 12 pounds to go before goal and it is taking me a ridiculously long time to lose it. I am embarrassed at the meetings! I've just been on holiday and have gained 3

Twiglett Mon 27-Jun-05 23:02:13

so you can eat as much as you want at each meal is that right? as long as its from the list?

marthamoo Mon 27-Jun-05 23:04:41

I did points, but when I last dared show my face at a meeting lots of people were having success with the No Count diet. You have to stick to one 'style' of diet a week though, ie., a whole week of counting pints, or a whole week of No Count - you can't chop and change daily.

marthamoo Mon 27-Jun-05 23:05:01

Counting pints - PMSL

Twiglett Tue 28-Jun-05 10:22:16

question .. if I choose the 'no count' version .. can I eat as much fruit and veg in between as snacks as I want .. ie no counting it as points?? and do I have to count the skimmed milk I have in coffee?

(like the counting pints version best I think moo )

dizzydo Tue 28-Jun-05 11:22:14

I agree with Bosscat I think the NoCount diet is easiest because as long as its on the list you can eat as much of it as you like. Does help of course if you like the foods listed! and yes Twiglett if you are doing NoCount you can eat fruit and veg without counting any points. Not sure about the skim milk tho as I dont use milk but I'm sure someone can tell you.

Have lost four pounds in 2 weeks on the NoCount and really do eat a lot of food on it and I too save the extra points to spend on wine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: