Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World Red days i am so bored of it.

(7 Posts)
JELLYJELLY Mon 27-Jun-05 21:09:31

Hi, everyone have been doing sw for a couple of months now mainly on red as i wasnt losing it on green even though i was really good. I am getting a bit bored of eating spag bol,mince, chicken stirfry. Can anyone else give me some really exciting things to do on the red days.

I dont eat eggs or cheese.

Tabs Mon 27-Jun-05 21:31:26

Hi JJ. I don't do as many red days as green, but when I do I often make casserole type things.

Made one yesterday by frying (in frylight of course!) some onion and garlic, adding some skinless chicken thighs to brown off, then shoving in a load of sliced mushrooms, and after cooking for a few mins I added a couple of tins of tomatoes, some passata and some herbs, and shoved it in the oven for half an hour.

DH loved it, and it was really easy to make.
Better still, there was enough sauce left to use with pasta today!

Have you tried getting the big white free foods recipe book - that has loads of nice stuff in it - def the best SW book.

For quick storecupboard meals I tend to keep in a tin of M&S stewed steak in beer - it's free food surprisingly, and then I just do a load of veg to have with it.

Do you like fish? There's a good fishcake recipe in the book that I mentioned, and a recipe for a marinade for monkfish - yoghurt and lime - which is really yummy.

You can also do a proper Nigella recipe called one pan chicken. Put chicken breasts, new potatoes in skins (healthy extra) and loads of veg (peppers, red onion, whole head of garlic with cloves separated but still in skins, courgette, mushrooms, plus any other veg you like) all into one big oven proof pan, coat in a little olive oil (healthy extra) and bung in the oven, about 170 for 40-50 mins.

In terms of not losing on green, I find that if I've had a green day on weigh in day then I can be a bit heavier, so I tend to have a red day then, but green about 4 or 5 others. Might be worth a try? Do you also make sure that you drink plenty of water on a green day, as if you don't then your body will try and retain the water from the food you eat.

blodwen Mon 27-Jun-05 22:27:32

Tonight I had chicken breast wrapped in bacon, cooked with sliced mushrooms, garlic, and a little chicken stock. Served it with new potatoes (B choice) and green veg. Quite nice! Also like grilled salmon!

JELLYJELLY Tue 28-Jun-05 21:07:16

thanks tabs really helpful, i like to make lots of tomatoes dishes and have tried chicken in bacon and it was lovely so might have to have that again soon. Good idea about the green day i did find that if i ate a large bowl of rice, pasta etc for lunch i got really tired really soon after but was not sure if that was from a sugar high then low.?

emily05 Tue 28-Jun-05 21:13:53

I have the original recipie book. when I have more time tomorrow would you like me to post some recipies on here for red days? We have tried some and they are nice

JELLYJELLY Wed 29-Jun-05 07:36:08

YES THAT WOULD BE FAB. like all the normal meat but not offal of any kind, salmon/seafood or eggs. I like some fish.

emily05 Wed 29-Jun-05 11:21:28

I have put some recipies on for you in the recipies section here
enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now