Talk

Advanced search

slimming world - what are your must have buys whilst shopping?

(13 Posts)
emily05 Mon 20-Jun-05 11:54:53

I am going shopping for the first time since starting slimming world. Just wondering if you can recommend any foods/sauces that you cant do without iyswim.
thanks

BethAndHerBrood Mon 20-Jun-05 12:19:50

Helmans extra light mayo - it's gorgeous, can't manage without it.
And instead of just buying apples and bananas, i buy all sorts of different fruit for the fruit bowl. You can get a bit fed up eating the same stuff all the time, having a wider choice makes it easier to keep out of the biscuit tin!!

emily05 Mon 20-Jun-05 12:22:09

goods ideas Beth, how many sins is helmans?

BethAndHerBrood Mon 20-Jun-05 12:28:18

Helmans mayo - 2 tbls =1.5 syns.

emily05 Mon 20-Jun-05 12:29:36

definantly getting some of that!! Do you have bread?

BethAndHerBrood Mon 20-Jun-05 12:30:40

I use weight watchers sliced danish. You can have 3 slices as a HE, and it's much nicer than nimble, IMO.

jambo1707 Mon 20-Jun-05 12:41:43

Laughing cow light- only 25 cals per triangle, or extra light has 20 cals per triangle.

Also ryvitta 28 cals a slice and those fabby dabby melba toast- asda ones are 13 per wee toast

jessicasmummy Mon 20-Jun-05 12:44:01

i liked the Walls Medeteranian sausages - 95% fat free... think you could have these for free on a red day and they were 2 sins for 2 on a green day - may have changd now though.

A really nice sausage - spicy tomato - yum yum

BethAndHerBrood Mon 20-Jun-05 12:47:20

Nestle sveltesse yoghurts as well. Really scrummy, not as big as a mullerlite, free on both days, BOGOF in Sainsbobs at the minute.

bigdonna Mon 20-Jun-05 21:10:13

do you like cous cous with lime and coriander.?

Yorkiegirl Mon 20-Jun-05 21:37:54

Message withdrawn

emily05 Mon 20-Jun-05 21:48:40

thanks so much for the tips. I am finding the key to the diet is to stock up and always have something quick to eat!

bigdonna - I LOVE Couscous

Tabs Mon 20-Jun-05 21:59:53

Get the Ainsley Harriot tomato cous cous then - that one and the moroccan one are free and dead easy to prepare.

Other essentials for me are quorn sausages, ryvita minis (healthy extra), baked beans, passata (use it for cooking just about everything!), kidney beans in chilli sauce, brown rice, basmati rice, tinned tomatoes, tinned pilchards in tomato sauce, wholewheat fusilli, courgettes (use them a lot for veg sauce with pasta), quorn mince, cheddar cheese, milk, laughing cow light cheese triangles (5 for a HE), eggs, quark, kraft fat free italian salad dressing, frylight, batchelors pasta n sauce - god I could go on for hours!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now