Talk

Advanced search

New starter to SW?

(7 Posts)
QandA Thu 05-Nov-09 08:32:53

Anybody else just started slimming world and feels like it is a bit ridiculous complicated?

I am hoping there is somebody else out there who needs to get their head around it and would like to laugh at it support each other.

ILoveStripeySocks Thu 05-Nov-09 09:55:49

This is my 2nd attempt at SW. Honestly, it all slots into place and you will think like a SWer for teh rest of yor life! lol.

Firstly, as a vegiie, you actually have it easier as you dont need to worry about red days at all. Read the green section, and stick to what it says, and I bet you see results.

What are you planning on having today? maybe we could check your menu & make sure you are doing it right?

QandA Thu 05-Nov-09 11:04:30

Thank you Ilove smile

I have had 2 (not sure if they are a syn or healthy choice?) weetabix with an apple and half of my milk that I measured for the day.

For lunch I thought I would have beans on 1 slice of bread

For dinner I am going to make vegie bolognese with mushrooms, toms, sweetcorn and peppers with vegie mince and spaghetti

And then try and eat fruit for my snacks all day.

Not sure if this is right, need to look at what comes under healthy snacks and what is a syn!

My syns will mount up as I have 1 sugar in tea, so need to get to the shops today for some sweeteners and some healthy snacks.

I am hoping, like you say, it will all slot in to place.

ILoveStripeySocks Thu 05-Nov-09 11:28:17

Your weetabix is indeed a healthy B choice, so well done. What bread do you intend to use? Make sure its one from the HEB list! YOu can have 2 slices of nimble for example, or 1 slice of wholemeal from a normal loaf of bread. That would be your 2nd healthy b choice for today.

Your dinner sounds yummy! and all free!

QandA Thu 05-Nov-09 11:48:34

That's good, the bread is wholemeal!

Thanks so much for your support, woke this morning and looked at the book and thought hmm but feel better about it now. smile

I have even just been on a bike ride for half an hour, as I think it is the exercise side of things that I need to up too.

ILoveStripeySocks Thu 05-Nov-09 13:14:27

well done! Ive just taken my DS for a brisk walk in his buggy, we are now tucking into syn-free soup! Feel free to ask any Qs you have.

QandA Thu 05-Nov-09 13:17:49

Thanks, will join in with your other thread to save you going back and forth grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now