Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant looking stomach but not expecting

(6 Posts)
nixpix Thu 29-Oct-09 21:25:04

How do I get rid of my big tummy? I've always had a bit of a pot belly, but since giving birth a year ago it's bigger than before. I could pass at 7 months pregnant I think.
I tried on a lovely jumper dress yesterday to show my mum (with stomach sucked in as hard as I could) and she said, 'it's nice but you need to learn how to suck your tummy in.' blush I'm a teacher and am also getting sick of being asked by well-meaning children if I'm having another baby.
Oh, I've tried the nasty tight knickers too but they give me stomach pains. The rest of my body I'm fine with, I've big boobs and lean bottom and legs, just a big wobbly tum. Am considering taking up running to burn up some extra calories as I just cant seem to do proper dieting. What I mean is that as soon as I decide right, that's it I'm doing WW, I'm fine for a day or two then I start self sabotaging and end up feeling rubbish and incapable of losing weight.
I so want to buy some new fashionable clothes but don't want to have to compromise all the time to find things which disguise the ole jelly belly. So, action required! But what is best? I do need to lose a stone and imy middle does seem to be where my body stores the extra fat but does anyone have any success stories or advice for shifting a big stomach?

bonitagbchica Thu 29-Oct-09 22:37:27

I'm an in the EXACT same boat as you and would be very interested to see what works... am currently reading Jason Vale's Juice Yourself Slim, but I'm not sure I can afford the family food shop as well as the fruit/veg for the juicing... I've got an issue: no money for gym and no money for bigger clothes, so I MUST lose weight! I've even gone back into mat. trousers. Eek!

A. x

ABitHaloweenBatty Fri 30-Oct-09 09:27:34

Me too. I've always had a pot belly too but it's a lot worse since the DC. I have lost almost 6 stone with SW since having ds3 last year but my tummy is still massive. I think I have the muscle separation thing. Depending on what I have eaten I can easily look 7 mo pg. The slimmer the rest of my body gets, the bigger my belly looks angry

bonitagbchica Fri 30-Oct-09 20:46:40

If your abdominal muscles have not gone back together, get down to your GP quick! He or she will send you to a physio and there you will be assessed on possibility of repair via physio or they will perform a tummy tuck on the NHS (providing you're not too overweight). It takes about a year from start to finish, so get down there ASAP!

And then come back and tell us how you got on.

A. x

BiblessBarry Sat 31-Oct-09 00:06:36

I have thought about it when I read a thread on here about some ladies who had it. I am 5'1" and ds3 was 10lb 7.5oz and I was HUGE. There is a big gulf down the middle when I tense up and feel, probably about 3 fingers width.
Thing is though, I think we will be having another baby so it's pretty pointless mending it isn't it?

ABitHalloweenBatty Sat 31-Oct-09 00:11:01

Sorry that is me above. Name changed for something silly this morning hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now