Talk

Advanced search

Whose scales to believe? (OMG!)

(8 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 18:08:29

My scales at home have weighed me in at 13stone to 13stone 3 for the last 6 months,

I have just been to the GPs and been weighed and weighed in at 78kg!

12st 3!!

So I have just lost a stone on what I thought I weighed!

In feb according to the GP I weiged 82 KG (12st 12) so even after having DD I didn't weigh as much as I thought I did.

BUT I just went to my nans and weighe myself - 13st!

So now Im wondering f the GP scales are wrong (and still set wrong back in feb as that weight is consistant with the 9lbs i have lost since then1)

Im so fed up, I thought i was 12st 4 but now I dunno

Tortington Mon 26-Oct-09 18:09:44

are they digital?

i think digi are best - i have both but i dont use the whirly one cos it's shit

Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 18:10:44

Mine at home are digtal

GPs were digital

GHrannys were old whirly ones.

Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 18:16:52

Its a big difference or a GPs scale to be out though isn't it?

EvilTwins Mon 26-Oct-09 18:21:41

Tricky. I have the same problem - have developed a dodgy habit of jumping on scales whenever I see them (OK, not quite that bad, but do use the ones in the changing room at the gym, AND the ones on the gym floor AND the ones in our bathroom AND the ones at my parents' house blush) The tempting thing is just to believe the lowest reading. My friend, who is a PE teacher told me to just use one set, and not to get too wound up about the reading, as long as one set of scales shows weight going down. Once I'd got my head round that, I stopped worrying.

Mind you, I'd be pleased about the GP thing - I always get embarrassed when the nurse weighs me - she's a stick and I probably weigh twice as much as she does...

Tortington Mon 26-Oct-09 18:30:12

go round to boots the chemist and pay for a weigh - you should know one way or the other then.

i would absolutely die if i didn't know whether i was 12st something of thirteen stone something - big difference

Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 18:36:29

Thats what I mean custy! Its a big friggin difference. Especially for a GPS scales to be out by that much - surely its dangerous if they are prescribing medication levels worked out by weight.

Plus the GP wouldn't give me orlistat (sp?) as i had lost weight to that but if Im really 13 st instead of 12.3 then surely I should be able to if at 12.3 im on the cusp?

Tortington Mon 26-Oct-09 18:58:10

i dunno about whether you should be able to - but if you go get weighed at boots, and it matches your home digiscales ish (adjust for clothes) then i would be round the docs telling them that their scales are out - by a long way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now