Talk

Advanced search

Just worked out my weightwatchers allownance - 19 points!

(5 Posts)
boundarybabe Sat 24-Oct-09 12:19:05

shock

that's what you get for being a lazy shortarse.

Recipes ideas would be good, esp lunch ones that I can share with 8mth old DS.

Also, does anyone know if you count fruit - I know veg is free with some exceptions, but apparently my morning orange juice is a whole point.

Parmageddon Sat 24-Oct-09 12:32:10

Yes on Weightwatchers fruit has points, although not a lot. On Slimming World it is mostly free, which is why I find SW a bit easier!
Good luck

LaurieScaryCake Sat 24-Oct-09 12:35:26

I did WW 15 years ago and they said I was only allowed 18 points to continue losing weight - that's when I gave up as it only worked out at about 900 calories and I was starving all the time.

Couldn't live my life hungry so I gave it up.

ShowOfHands Sat 24-Oct-09 12:37:17

A food allowance? Ye gods.

boundarybabe Sat 24-Oct-09 14:46:51

But Lauriescarycake, don't your points go a lot further if you change your habits - i.e. a small plate of pasta would be the same points as quite a large portion of meat or fish so if you eat fewer carbs and more protein you will be able to eat more? So 18 points could be more than 900 calories as long as you fill up on low fat food.

Plus I try to eat quite hearty veg, eg. green beans and sprouts (loooove sprouts) so that fills me up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now