loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet Mamas 2005 Week 22 - The Roll Call

(99 Posts)
Yorkiegirl Sat 11-Jun-05 21:54:43

Message withdrawn

MarsLady Sat 11-Jun-05 21:57:57

Ok, I'll start again! Will weigh in on Monday as DT2 has broken my scales.

Evesmama Sat 11-Jun-05 21:58:15

erm...think its about time i shuffled/waddled/wobbled back in ...how many hail mary's do i have to say

Yorkiegirl Sat 11-Jun-05 21:59:31

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Sat 11-Jun-05 22:01:23

oh my do i need too!!..not put loads back on but feel/look like a big fat knacker..and with the nice weather threatening to descend..cant spend another year in tents
dont know what im going to do to shift it tho?

coppertop Sat 11-Jun-05 22:19:56

I think I need to start again. I seem to fall into a habit of losing a stone then drifting towards putting weight back on. Last time this happened I found the MN Mamas and was able to lose another stone - but now I'm drifting again.

I'm still wearing the last 'target' jeans I had so I don't think I've put too much on - but I need a serious boot up the backside and the chance to try again.

<whimpers>

If you'll let me....

BethAndHerBrood Sat 11-Jun-05 22:21:25

I'm here. Never been away [smug emoticon]

Not doing too well at the moment, weight loss seems to have slowed down a bit, but still going in the right direction generally.

Yorkiegirl Sat 11-Jun-05 22:22:28

Message withdrawn

Evesmama Sat 11-Jun-05 22:23:36

have you been doing alrite???and hws 'things'???big hug havent been able to get on here roperly of late so my figers are on fire tonight

trefusis Sat 11-Jun-05 23:15:30

Message withdrawn

mandyc66 Sat 11-Jun-05 23:18:59

hi
seems like i joined the wrong 'thread' thats a bit mean calling it a thread if we are all more like a rope!!! or in my case even worse...what is a thick rope called?!
anyway.Can I join you?

Yorkiegirl Sat 11-Jun-05 23:20:33

Message withdrawn

mandyc66 Sat 11-Jun-05 23:22:14

we only tell what we have lost not what we weigh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yorkiegirl Sat 11-Jun-05 23:26:36

Message withdrawn

fatmomma Sat 11-Jun-05 23:28:03

I lost the thread, and the plot but I'm still soldiering on. Put 2lb back on last week - a bad week for chocolate .

My hairdressers has just been revamped and have fitted full length mirrors (??!!). Spent a very depressing hour looking at the 'big picture' this morning . I need my butt kicked to get things back on track. Could someone please shout at me 'Fat Club Harvey' style?

mandyc66 Sat 11-Jun-05 23:29:26

no thats ok thanks!
So has anyone got any hints and tips!
I started to diet in feb and have lost about 1 stone 3 but have hovered around that for the last few weeks! Need some jelp to get me going again!
Are you all doing same diet or doing your own thing?

fatmomma Sat 11-Jun-05 23:33:43

mandy - snap, except I have only lost 1 stone. Things seem to have ground to a halt. Anyone got tips on motivation?

BethAndHerBrood Sat 11-Jun-05 23:37:58

We all tried a bit of "trouser therapy" earlier in the year!!!

You buy a pair of trousers in a smaller size than you are now, and boast and gloat when you finally fit in them!! Worked a treat for me, i need an even smaller pair now!!!

The feeling when you put them on and can fasten them up is fantastic!!!!!!!

mandyc66 Sat 11-Jun-05 23:38:20

I am been so good too! Wondered whether to just go and raid the cupboards! there is a box of chocolates there since my birthday in Jan!! maybe the time has come..or should i wait till another half stone has come off!! Maybe I should take up jogging!!!!

mandyc66 Sat 11-Jun-05 23:40:10

thanks for that Beth.I have a pair i am aiming for!! i have gone down a size and it feels good!!!
It would be nice to have a stomache that doesnt get stuck in the zip!!!!

fatmomma Sat 11-Jun-05 23:43:23

The 'trouser' thing might be a good idea. I have seen a gorgeous skirt in Monsoon. It's £55 so if I buy it a size smaller that would be a big incentive to lose weight. Trouble is it's very summery and it would probably be deep mid winter before I could wear it .

mandyc66 Sat 11-Jun-05 23:46:57

night all! I will go think thin!! maybe it will work. anyone tried hypnotheropy whilst sleeping?!
my friend did.Didnt work!!!
will keep an eye on here and look forward to you all praising my loss!!!!!Eventually!!!
I have a wedding to go to in 4 weeks so would love to loose half a stone more by then.

fatmomma Sat 11-Jun-05 23:50:24

I tried the Paul McKenna, I Can Make Your Thin system. He actually talks a lot of sense in the book and the CD is very relaxing to listen to as you go off to sleep. I haven't listened to it for a while, perhaps it would help me refocus. Will try it tonight and report back.

Loobz Sun 12-Jun-05 00:23:22

I'm still here too! I was at my aunts 80th birthday party this evening - no alcohol (was driving) and only had melon to eat at the party as I'd had my tea before I went
15 weeks to my hols and I'm determined that I'm not going away this size

mandyc66 Sun 12-Jun-05 07:16:44

well I thought thin all night...not sure it worked. good luck to you all this week! hopefully this group will give me the insentive to get the next half stone off. I set mini goals then you can be proud of your self so many times!hopefully!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now