Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you have to reach rock bottom?

(4 Posts)
Kayzr Thu 15-Oct-09 09:16:45

I am meant to be doing Weight Watchers but I can't get to the meetings anymore though I am thinking of trying to get to a different one. I fail miserably, whenever I lose weight I just seem to put it back on again.

I had lost just over a stone earlier in the year when I could get to the meetings. But since I haven't been able to get there it has all gone back on.

I was wondering if you have to reach rock bottom and be really depressed/sad/etc about your weight before it really hits you and diets work.

I have just under 5 stone to lose so really need to get on with it.

Any thoughts?

akhems Thu 15-Oct-09 09:26:11

That was the case with me, I did various diets, lost weight then regained it all with extra as soon as I stopped.

I ended up at 26 stone and barely able to wipe my own bottom or walk without severe pain before I was able to take effective action. The only solution for me was to have surgery in which 90% of my stomach was removed and my intestines re-routed so that I don't absorb all the calories from what I eat. To date I have lost 12 stones.

But yes, I had really hit rock bottom and was nearly suicidal over it.

I'm not saying that surgery is the only option but diets can be damaging and cause problems in the long run.

sowhatis Thu 15-Oct-09 09:59:41

i think you just have to set yourself realistic targets along the way. i have been doing slimming world for 4weeks. lost 1.5stone. my next goal is 5lb away, which seems more realistic than the 2.5-4stone i want to loose!!

good luck xxxx

p.s. i never stay for the meetings as i have my kids with me, but go every week to get weighed xx

Kayzr Thu 15-Oct-09 11:28:40

I set myself a target of losing a stone by Xmas. But I'm not sure if it will happen.

The reason I don't get to the meetings as it is upstairs and with a pushchair I can't get up there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now