Talk

Advanced search

im starting a small diet,never done one before please help me/let me know what to eat??

(9 Posts)
mad4myboys Tue 13-Oct-09 18:45:34

I have never dieted. I'm not overweight but i want to lose half a stone to go back to pre ds2 weight. I need to drastically tone up in the bum/thigh and tummy area, the rest is ok but toning up all over be nice grin

so.......i'm vegetarian and i eat the same meal as rest of family except i have quorn instead of meat. I don't want to be eating different meal to dh and 3 yr old ds1. I dont cook meals with dairy as ds1 allergic, just add any cheese ifneeded after.

I have joined a mums on the run thing at leisure centre and will be using creche and the gym with a trainer. I dont want to do any classes at the moment though.

So what do i do and what should i/not eat and when?

Please help! Im REALLY want to do this!

mad4myboys Tue 13-Oct-09 19:57:38

bump

corriefan Tue 13-Oct-09 20:15:54

Try cutting out major carbs such as pasta bread, potatoes and rice during the week. Shredded vegetables are a good substitute for pasta and pulses are really filling. Eat a big bowl of soup (spicy bean or something- no potato) with cheese for lunch, a piece of fruit for a snack. I'd normally eat meat or fish with veg for tea, I don't know how carby quorn is. I'd relax it at the weekend and have more naughty foods as a treat. I lost 2 stone quite quickly like this.

I also found planning low carb meals to look forward to helps when you start to feel peckish.

At the beginning I would also weigh myself everyday and record everything I'd eaten. When you see the weight starting to drop it encourages you more.

Also, don't think it's inevitable you'll be unhappy with your weight now you've had kids, believe you can lose it, it's not that hard!

mad4myboys Tue 13-Oct-09 20:23:52

i feel very new to all this, have always eaten what i want, when i want! So is porrige ok for breakfast? I need a filling breakfast!

corriefan Tue 13-Oct-09 21:02:57

I'm really bad, i don't eat breakfast at all! I think porridge is quite high carb, but it prob won't matter if you don't eat til lunchtime.

gingernutlover Wed 14-Oct-09 07:12:01

quorn is fine as low carb - I am allowed it on my plan. Its got much less calories etc than chicken.

Also i love curried chicken pieces fried in curry powder and a little spray oil, sevred on a bed of shredded cabbage and corgettes instead of rice or noodles.

I would also suggest you swap all your carby stuff for wholewheat versions as you need a smaller portion to fill you up.

Porridge may well be carby but it's one of those slowburning carb foods so wouldn't matter as it fulls me up til lunchtime.

Banana's also very good as filling up food.

Soup - can reccommend lentil and carrot or lentil and butternut squash - very yummy and satisfying.

Good luck

mad4myboys Wed 14-Oct-09 16:44:37

thanks. what savoury snacks can i have?

corriefan Wed 14-Oct-09 19:40:10

bits of cheese, olives, plain nuts, veges with humous (I think)!

ConnieComplaint Wed 14-Oct-09 21:16:02

Actually if you follow the slimming world plan (you don't have to go to class) you can have your porridge for breakfast... You can have rice, pasta, potatoes etc..

and you should always always make time for breakfast, even if it's just a banana on the run as it kick starts your metabolism for the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now