Talk

Advanced search

Weight Gain in last 4 mths of pregnancy - advice needed!

(6 Posts)
gingerkirsty Fri 09-Oct-09 13:16:02

Hi All

I hope this is the right topic to post this thread under...

I dropped a size or so with WW before falling pregnant. Obv stopped as soon as I realised, and am now 5 mths. Have a lovely neat bump and much to my surprise don't seem to have put weight on anywhere else! grin

What I am wondering is, if I've not put weight on so far, is this likely to continue til the end of the pregnancy? I am starting to go into nesting mode and want to stick a load of pre WW clothese on ebay - is this sensible at this stage in the game?

Would be grateful for any advice smile

whomovedmychocolate Fri 09-Oct-09 20:15:23

You probably will gain about a pound a week from now on (sorry but you will). But don't worry if you eat sensibly after you give birth it does go. I weigh less now than before I had two children! But don't ditch the clothes, in the last weeks you want to have bigger things on because you are so hot and uncomfortable in anything other than a sack large dress.

gingerkirsty Fri 09-Oct-09 21:58:16

Sorry whomoved I don't think i have explained myself properly... i know i will carry on putting weight on, but so far it has only been my bump and boobs that have increased in size! So i was wondering whether that is likely to continue or whether i am likely to get fatter elsewhere over the next 4 mths? Does that make sense??

whomovedmychocolate Sat 10-Oct-09 06:42:27

Well sorry to tell you this but your derriere tends to increase in size to balance the bump IYSWIM. So yes your overall level of plumpness will probably increase. But look, you know how to lose weight, don't sweat it - enjoy your pregnancy and breastfeed your baby and it'll just go anyway.

shootfromthehip Sat 10-Oct-09 06:56:30

Ginger, I too had really neat bumps until about the 6 mths mark with both my DC. Note the use of the 'key' word had. After the 6 mth mark I ballooned with both of them- I put on a total of 5 stone with DD and just under 4 with DS. I looked like me wearing a fat suit or as though I had been inflated with a hand pump.

This may or not happen to you but I had terrrible morning sickness and the minute I stopped being sick I started eating, and eating, and eating.

I too have lost all my weight and am back to the weight I was when I got married (at 22) but I did send several years walking about like the Goodyear Blimp.

Keep your larger stuff and have a ceremonial burning when your LO gets to 6mths. Good luck with the bump x

gingerkirsty Mon 12-Oct-09 14:08:54

Well done shoot I can't imagine being the weight i was when i was 22! Thanks to both of you for guidance, will hang on to some larger bits and pieces then... am sure bfing will help me shed extra lbs almost immediately wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now