Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else given up on dieting today?

(5 Posts)
dilemma456 Wed 07-Oct-09 15:57:07

Message withdrawn

cheekymonk Wed 07-Oct-09 19:46:40

Hi dilemma. I am at weight watchers. Have 11 stone to lose and have put on a pound this week. Have lost a stone so far (8th week into it) It is driving me mad how slow it is. Its going to take me years.

Tomorrow is a new day and I don't see giving it up as an option. I have GOT to lose weight. Its finding what motivates you and moving on from a bad day that is hard. Its when you sink into that head in the sand, defeatist mindset that you just put on more weight and so it goes on. You deserve a better quality of life and owe to yourself to be the best you can be.

Its really tough isn't it? smile

duckyfuzz Wed 07-Oct-09 20:25:23

its much colder here today and I have struggled, as has a colleague at work, but I am determined not to give in on the first cold day, or all my hard lost weight will be back on by Christmas

cheekysealion Wed 07-Oct-09 22:18:35

soup is my dieting best friend on cold days like this
I tend to have porridge for breakfast

soup and pitta bread for lunch

and then that leaves me enough food to snack on in evening (my worst time)

It is also more difficult to diet in winter when big cover up cardi's are around

friendly7 Wed 07-Oct-09 22:41:22

know how hard it is to resist. you are not alone. I agree about soups. I had homr made soup for free days. Every day I make a fresh one just from any vegies I have at hand, I don't add any cubes or salt, just curry powder and mild chili powder. I tend to have 2 large bowls to avoid adding bread as my tummy is really huge and I try to avoid bread but I pile up on lot's of vegies which I don't blend, just cut so that I get more satisfied. It's hard though to keep up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now