Talk

Advanced search

Powerplate (or similar) has anybody tried one?

(9 Posts)
surreylady Sun 04-Oct-09 20:05:16

I am thinking of hiring one - or buying one of the cheaper home models - looking for toning as I am already doing the gym 4/5 times a week and healthy eating- have you tried one and if so please could you share your feedback? Many Thanks

murphyslaw Sun 04-Oct-09 21:47:50

I am a recent power plate convert. Its an excellent addition to your gym workout!

The downside is that you can only work out on it for about 1/2 hr as its so intense.

The cheaper models from what I have seen dont seem great. The proper one is very big and very heavy.

Could you perhaps find a local gym/club with one you could use?

surreylady Sun 04-Oct-09 22:04:01

Thanks - There is a new Sports centre opening next spring we will join that will have them- my current gym does not have one - that is why I was thinking of hiring for a few months. hiring is £38 per month - so if I could find a gym with one for that price might be worth it - although if it was at home could persuade DH to give it a go.

HannahOhBaby Mon 05-Oct-09 10:48:47

I tried it, three times a week, and did a bit of extra cardio on top - (powerwalking with buggy or running a few times a week as well). This really worked for me.
The beauty of powerplate is it's so quick - 25mins for a workout, fantastic.

holeyteatowel Tue 06-Oct-09 17:52:35

definitely a great way to exercise as it promotes your stamina and really gives you definition. However i would go somewhere that has trainers who will oversee your progress through each exercise as i would imagine it would be easy to cheat without. No doubt that it is very tiring and hurts a lot at first but utterly addictive.
good luck!

KembleTwins Tue 06-Oct-09 17:56:19

The gym I go to has had them for a while. I dabbled a bit, but didn't really start to feel the benefit until I went to a class. I now do two classes a week, plus cardio workouts on other days. I think it's fab. I've been doing regular classes for a month, and have really noticed a difference in terms of toning, strength and stamina. After the first class, I could hardly walk as my legs were shaking, and I ached for days afterwards. Now I don't get the aching and really enjoy it. I would definitely agree with holeytt though - go somewhere where trainers will show you how to use it and keep an eye on you - it's easy to do it badly (IYSWIM)

boodleboot Sun 11-Oct-09 17:47:29

surreylady - i cannot see anywhere to hire it for 38 a month....can you tell me where you found that please?

i used them before and thought they were great but then left uni and joined diff gym which didn't have one....

surreylady Sun 11-Oct-09 19:14:45

Boodle - sorry I have made a mistake the prices I thougt were monthly are weekly! I wouldn't consider £120 a month to hire personally - This makes the extra gym option just to use this as more economical apologies!

boodleboot Mon 12-Oct-09 21:20:39

bumholes.....thought you had unearthed a magic hire company there surrylady....

back to the drawing board wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now