Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone try Kellog's challenge and does it work?

(15 Posts)
friendly7 Fri 02-Oct-09 22:26:36

Hello, I've got 2 packs of Kellog's saying that I might loose dress size in 2 weeks time. I wonder if anyone tried it and whether they had any results. I've tried similar cereal before and it didn't help but after gaining my old weight back I'm desparate to try something which does work.
Thank you.

ohnelly Sat 03-Oct-09 11:35:15

Hi i tried it but only lasted a few days as its so boring & I really didnt feel like eating it!
I found eating soup instead of a meal more filling than cereal, and it didnt feel like I was depriving myself as much. But then im not a lover of cereal - I only eat it when im on a diet!

friendly7 Sat 03-Oct-09 15:18:16

Hi ohnelly, thank you for replying. I agree about soup and it did help a lot. It's just it takes some time to cok and I started to add some things - some bread, then tea with something and it was getting more and more, soup and a sandwich, you get the picture.. I think though I must try soup again, it's getting cooler now. Thank you for reminding me. I was just secretely hoping that I could save time and get slimmer b jut having a bowl of cereal twice a day and one meal with some fruit/vegie snacks but I found myself having 2 large bowls each time so I probably wouldn't get slimmer. Must do something more sensible.

ohnelly Sun 04-Oct-09 12:04:31

If you look at the amount of cereal they say your supposed to have its not much either. I would probably have twice that much in a big bowl!
My other tips are sugar free jelly, can make it yourself or buy little pots to take to work etc. Handy if you want something sweet.
And tinned tomatoes - I love these and would just eat a whole tin heated up in a bowl and I think the whole bowl is about 80 calories!

friendly7 Sun 04-Oct-09 22:55:07

These are veru good tips, thank you so much.

friendly7 Sun 04-Oct-09 22:55:57

oh sorry, I meant very good, not veru good!

friendly7 Mon 05-Oct-09 22:12:01

Felt hungry and spotted a cooking apple I've got today. made it with just water. Really nice and warm. And no guilty feeling.

friendly7 Tue 06-Oct-09 19:58:32

Oh well, no one seems to have done it. I'm thinking of having it anyway. I have to double the amount as it doesn't satisfy me so I'm having a big bowl for breakfast and another for around 4 PM, for lunch - home made vegie soup - I just through in whatever I have with some curry powder and cook for around 20 minutes. For dinner - what my family has + salad, reducing tea and sometimes having hot water with lemon instead. For snacks - apples, carrots, cooking apple. Made today apple and peach - peach was really hard but worked beautifully being cooked with an apple. Just had it now. I hope I'm on a right track. I'm walking and trying to go up and down the stairs. I'll see whether it's helping.

ohnelly Wed 07-Oct-09 10:24:27

Sounds good. Good luck im getting fatter by the day im pregnant & Ive got a broken ankle so I cant move!!

friendly7 Wed 07-Oct-09 22:44:07

Oh poor you. I hope you feel better. You are expecting so it's not the best time to try dieting but healthy eating might help. Good luck,, ohnelly.

cheapskatemum Mon 12-Oct-09 21:09:22

Glad you're not doing the 2 bowls a day. Nutritionally, it looks madness. Crunchy Nut Cornflakes in particular are full of sugar, so after eating them, you experience a sugar rush, followed by the inevitable slump. If you're like me, this leaves you starving. Avoid like the plague! Do you like porridge? Now the mornings are colder, I find it comforting & filling. DH is Scottish and makes it with water & salt. Sounds horrid, but it's actually very tasty. Would go nicely with your baked apple too. Oats are low GI, unlike Crunchy Nut!

screamingskull Mon 12-Oct-09 21:15:14

I done the challenge for two weeks and ended up putting on 3lbs.

Never really took to cereal again thanks to it.

friendly7 Fri 16-Oct-09 20:16:17

Oh no! That doesn't sound good at all. I have to watch it as I've just bought 2 more boxes!

littleducks Fri 16-Oct-09 20:17:50

did it, didnt work

friendly7 Sun 18-Oct-09 11:38:17

Well, it sounded too good to work I suppose. I'm still doing it in a light level - once a day for breakfast. the cereal is with many dry fruits and vitamins so it's a quick fix and I bought some fresh soups for lunches so I'll see whether it helps. For dinner trying to have a salad with the main meal and I'm jumping on the floor and walking outside. I'll let you know whether these simple measures made any difference. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Friendly x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now