Talk

Advanced search

scales not movig as fast as waist- does it actually matter?

(4 Posts)
holeyteatowel Fri 02-Oct-09 11:14:19

Ok so everything looser for last month so can 'see' that i have lost more weight. but weighed myself and only lost 4-5 lbs this month.
anyone else have this?
have lost alot of weight since Jan so i guess could just be slowing up for the last stone.

LolaAnn Fri 02-Oct-09 11:22:33

Scales lie, truly, depending on what you have eaten/drunken the day before, weather, all sorts. Best to measure yourself and go by that, measuring tape does not lie. If you know you are losing fat then good work and keep going.

Alternatively if you are excercising a lot you could be gaining some muscle while losing fat (good!) which is causing the scales to tell you you are heavier. Muscle weighs more than fat but is much slimmer.

holeyteatowel Fri 02-Oct-09 11:28:04

Actually I have been doing lots of resistance work for 6 months so am more muscular these days.
Thanks for your post- shall shun the scales!

nickytwotimes Fri 02-Oct-09 11:30:51

Visceral fat (the stuff round your middle) is the worst type, so a slimmer middle is a very good thing!
And Lola is right - muscle is heavier. ANd you have still lost a good few pounds.
You should be congratulating yourself. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now