Talk

Advanced search

SlimmingWorld. Ideas for filling breakfasts on Extra Easy please

(7 Posts)
SausageRocket Fri 02-Oct-09 10:41:33

I'm new to SW, joined online on Monday (28th). Finding it ok so far, easier to eat and feel full on this than on WW.

I feel less obsessive on this one than I did on WW. WW does make you think about the food you are putting in your mouth (which is a positive, to a certain extent) but for me, it also made me constantly think about food - how many points it would be, how many points I had left, the constant (and unhealthy) urge to save as many points per day as possible (I was on 19 and would limit myself to 15 most days). I lost plenty on WW, 10lbs in 4wks but after about 8wks I hit the plateau and found it really hard to stick to after 4/5wks of neither losing or gaining. For me WW replaced one unhealthy attitude to food with another extreme at the other end of the spectrum.

I don't have a lot to lose in the grand scheme of things, about a stone max. I know people who have had lots of sucess on SW and also, most importantly, have not turned into points bores but have found maintaining their weight after the loss to be pretty easy.

As I say, I am an online SW member (meetings are just not for me) and as such have access to the recipes online etc, which I'm impressed with. The meal I'm struggling to be imaginative with is breakfast. I work pretty much f/t with early starts and so don't have time for the scrambled egg on toast type ideas, so most days I go without breakfast. I know this is not ideal.

Please inspire me with great breakfast ideas! Ideally things I can take to work with me. At the moment I am eating fruit (banana & nectarine/apple) at around 10am, but to be honest, it's not hitting the spot!

BlueBumedFly Fri 02-Oct-09 13:35:00

I struggle with breakfast ideas too. I cannot have most cereals as they have too much sugar and I don't really like milk anyway.

I am going to watch this with interest...

BooBooChicken Fri 02-Oct-09 15:07:09

i have muller light with chopped bananas and another piece of fruit as that way i am not using any healthy extras and can either have a green or original day.

sarah293 Fri 02-Oct-09 15:17:42

Message withdrawn

SausageRocket Fri 02-Oct-09 15:59:13

Thanks smile

I don't like milk either, bluebummed

Tinkjon Fri 02-Oct-09 17:06:22

Re. not having time for scrambled egg, I've foudn a really quick way of making this. It's not as nice as proper scrambled egg but it will do at a pinch. Beat an egg in a bowl and put that bowl into the microwave and cook for about a minute (more or less, depending on what heat you choose), stopping to stir it halfway through. Takes less than 2 minutes from start to finish and you can prepare, cook and eat all in the same bowl.

sowhatis Sat 03-Oct-09 12:08:55

i have fruit, banana, apple or i cut up some melon the night before and eat that whilst sorting the kids out. from my HEb i often have the 2 alpen light bars, so one for breakfast and some fruit and another mid morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now