Talk

Advanced search

Diet and Exercise but disappointing results - Any thoughts

(8 Posts)
surreylady Thu 01-Oct-09 22:28:16

I have been exercising at the gym for a few months - currently going 4/5 times a week and focused on calorie burning and burning 1500+ calories per week. Eating sensibly, low fat and limited calories but not crash dieting. Since beginning of June I have lost a very disappointing 10lbs - I have 3 stone to lose and given the above expected much more. Any ideas as to what maybe the problem or what else to do to supplement - No plans to give up - just suspect I need to try an new approach. Thanks for your wise words

wastingaway Thu 01-Oct-09 22:31:06

How many calories do you think you are eating roughly?

1500 cals is less than half a pound too.

TeamEdwardTango Thu 01-Oct-09 22:31:18

Things do slow up as your metabolism adjusts to a new excercise/diet regime. Just keep at it!

surreylady Thu 01-Oct-09 22:37:14

I think I am eating between 1200 and 1500 per day - am going to do a food diary next week in case I am deluding myself - but I don't think so. Have stepped up the exercise and will do 5 gym session this week and over 2000 calories....this is a lot for an old (ex) couch potato like me.

Giltz Thu 01-Oct-09 22:42:49

Tell me about it.I try to walk for at least an hour a day or 3 to 4 miles and eat less than 1200. I also do 30 min on wii fit and 50 crunches(excersise not the choc, although tempting) and I am SLOWLY losing weight. Its disheartening but keep at it.

Good lucksmile

surreylady Thu 01-Oct-09 22:44:24

Likewise Glitz - any tips that have worked for you ?

wastingaway Thu 01-Oct-09 22:46:25

You definitely don't want to eat less than that.

Erm... drink more water and make sure you're not eating too much salt, they can both make you retain water.

themoon66 Thu 01-Oct-09 22:47:36

You will be growing muscle... it weighs heavy. Don't be downhearted. I bet you look fab! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now