Talk

Advanced search

Come and tell me off for being hopeless.

(6 Posts)
defyinggravity Tue 22-Sep-09 12:54:08

I started dieting in January when I weighed in at 12 stone 5 lbs. Pretty huge for my 5ft 3 height. I was so disgusted with myself and really got stuck in with dieting and excercise. I stuck with it and got down to 10stone 11 by May.
However, I stupidly stopped being so careful,and what with that and going on an extended holiday where I ate and drank pretty much what I liked,weighed myself this morning and weigh 12 stone 5 lbs. I am exactly back to the huge heffalump weight I started at in January. Words can't describe how annoyed I am with myself and the sheer disgust that I've done it to myself all over again after all my hard work. How stupid am I?
I have just got to restart this and re focus. Has anyone else been this stupid or is it just me?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 22-Sep-09 18:08:54

I have done this myself over the last couple of years - classic yo-yo dieting. You may have put the weight back on again but you must feel (and look) an awful lot better than you did back in January thanks to all that exercise.

You can do it again but this time try to see it as long-term changes rather than dieting. I have a friend who has just started a very extreme diet, but she is already planning her blow outs when she is finished.

Stop beating yourself up. Concentrate on being healthy and not on turning yourself into Posh.

defyinggravity Tue 22-Sep-09 18:23:38

Thanks for the kind words. You're right to tell me to stop thinking of it as a diet. I always look on it like I'm depriving myself and set myself a goal date to finish when in actual fact I need a permenant life style change, and actually when I'm eating right and exercising I feel fine. I ate the right things and never felt starving hungry so there really is no rhyme or reason as to why I've got back to this point. I know that I felt so much better in myself when I was that bit slimmer. I actually saw a reflection of myself in a shop mirror and thought I looked ok for the first time in ages. Looked at myself in a full length mirror yesterday and hated what I saw. sad
Anyway, onwards and upwards. I really don't want to feel this way again.

duckyfuzz Tue 22-Sep-09 18:25:51

I lost a stone in June/July, put a few pounds back on over the summer hols, then re-lost it plus a couple more pounds and was so pleased with myself I completely over-indulged at the weekend and have an extra 3 lbs to lose I am keeping motivated by using fitday where I have set a target and it tracks my progress on a graph, so every time my weight goes above the graph line I know I'm in trouble (although of course you can lie to it blush)

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 22-Sep-09 19:25:30

I've got as Wii fit now which focusses on posture as well as BMI. It is preventing me from ignoring my body and happily putting a stone on without noticing.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 22-Sep-09 19:29:10

I also discovered that a lovely neighbour has similar problems with yo-yo-ing, but rather than joining a slimming club we decided to meet once a week to get assessed by the Wii fit; talk about why we felt the need to eat all that cake!; and then go for a very long country walk. It feels fantastic and I feel very positive about the whole thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now