Talk

Advanced search

Walking club

(13 Posts)
fairydust Mon 06-Jun-05 11:09:32

I know there are lots of support for the runners on here and wondered if anyone wanted to join me with a daily walk???

fairydust Mon 06-Jun-05 11:40:54

all to lazty to join me then

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 12:09:01

Does the school walk count ???

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 12:10:07

and walking round shops ??

fairydust Mon 06-Jun-05 12:11:07

the school run yes as your not stopping on the way - but shops no as you stop to many times

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 12:12:10

Lol very true.

So I don't have to do any extra walking then ???

Sounds ok to me

fairydust Mon 06-Jun-05 12:21:07

well yes you do - because as well as doing the school run you need to an extra 20 mins aday for it to make a difference

WideWebWitch Mon 06-Jun-05 12:25:11

Oh yes, can I join? The school walk takes me 25 minutes there, 25 mins back and the same in the pm, so if I do it, it's an hour and a half of walking a day. If I'm planning a walk with a friend then I skip it and do a woods walk instead, much nicer.

euwa Mon 06-Jun-05 12:31:49

I would like to join too. Don't want to include school walk as I have to do that anyway, and it only takes 15 mins unlike www's 25 mins there and another 25 back!

Wickedwitchwater - How old are your children? Mine would never do that and I try to get them active after school with a walk to the park but fail all too often.

Fairydust, are we starting from tomorrow? How far are you hoping to walk daily? Ideally an hour for me but always failing to fit it in on my own.

nutcracker Mon 06-Jun-05 12:33:34

Erm where do I walk to though ???

WideWebWitch Mon 06-Jun-05 12:38:11

euwa, I have a 7.5yo ds and a 18mo dd so she's in a buggy.

toomanypushchairs Mon 06-Jun-05 13:02:00

can I lose weight by walking? am doing the cancer research run on 10th july(i will be walking not running!)and am hoping to get fit and lose a bit of weight beforehand. what do you reckon? can't really count the school run as although it takes 20mins there and back that is because the dt's don't walk very fast.

BethAndHerBrood Tue 07-Jun-05 09:36:21

I have a 25 minute walk to school, 25 minutes back (obviously!), twice a day, and take the dog out for half an hour at some point. Wouldn't mind walking more, but there's nowhere nice to walk really, and i don't have anyone to walk with. I'm sure a "walking buddy" would be a great help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now