Talk

Advanced search

Self indulgent, fed up of feeling crap about myself

(18 Posts)
thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 18-Sep-09 14:06:05

I am 5'5 and weigh 11.5stone, has taken me years to get to that but I always feel shit about myself, I want to lose 2 more stone but nothing works, or more to the point I can't stick with anything. I walk loads, do tons of excercise and have to be really carefuk what I eat to stay at this, but nothing maks me go any lower, I need drastic results quick before I lose all my self esteem, what works quick. I can maintain weight I just can't lose it. am feeling really glum about it today sad, need a kick up the bum, am a size 14 by the way.

BlueBumedFly Fri 18-Sep-09 14:25:51

I am the heaviest I have even been but was inspired by an interview I heard by Stephen Fry - he has just lost 7 stone.

His plan was to cut out sugar and bread for just one month, then add other things like potatos and pasta etc. I know sugar is what makes me big and most of it is hidden in yogurts/diet foods/processes diet foods etc.

So, this week I gave up ALL sugar and ALL bread. I have lost 4lbs. I know most of this is bloat and water but hey, I feel pretty good.

So, maybe a complete change of diet and routine is what is in order?

I am 5ft 3 and 12.5 stone which makes me a size 16. I used to be a very svelt 9 stone size 8-10. I am sooooo needing this weight loss.

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 18-Sep-09 14:31:06

bread is the worst isn't it, but I love it, ok will cut out bread, I don't really have any sugar, more of a carb addict than a sweet tooth.

colditz Fri 18-Sep-09 14:32:57

Join weight watchers, it's fabby and really works. One day at a time!

echofalls Fri 18-Sep-09 14:34:31

In my opinion you are not overweight....I am 5ft 7 and 11 4, I've lost 3 stone since January. I have maintained this weight since end of June, I think this is my natural weight. It may be that is your natural weight too. The pressure to lose 2 stone would be huge and then there is the keeping it off. If you can keep your weight steady you have already learned the secret to staying healthy. I used to be 9 stone but would look bloody ill if I was that weight now smile

colditz Fri 18-Sep-09 14:36:08

Blue bum you are built like me now. I used to be a size 20 and 14.5 stone, so I actually feel quite happy! Still wish to be slimmer though.

I have a weight watcher's beginners thread running - join me!

BlueBumedFly Fri 18-Sep-09 14:41:23

Wow colditz, you have done brilliantly. I think the whole 'diet' thing just turns me into a foul miserable hungry angry person!

I sadly cannot do WW as DH never gets home from work in time and all that happens is I get fined. I cannot really afford the fiver a week for no gain.

So, I am sugar free and bread free and pasta free. And you know? I feel good, I am sleeping better, less bloated and sluggish.

I am feeling pretty good for the first time in a long time. Lets hope the scales play fair!!

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 18-Sep-09 14:44:04

I can't really afford to join a club as such and don't have the time for the meetings. I must admit I am just fed up of having to think about everything I ut in my mouth, I stop paying attention and I put 3 or 4 lb's on in a few days. it then tak3es me weeks to lose it again. I asked a male friends honest opinion if I needed to lose weight which was a big mistake as he came back with lots of advice on how, guess thats my answer. Just can't do the very slow no results anymore, I did lose 4 stone a year and a half ago, got down to 10st 4 and loved it, just can't seem to do it again.

colditz Fri 18-Sep-09 14:55:59

I amnot a memebr of weight watchers, I don't go to meetings or pay anything - I just use the whole plan.

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 18-Sep-09 14:57:08

how do you do that, isn't it complex? don't you need books or something?

colditz Fri 18-Sep-09 16:08:15

Nope.

There is a point calculator linked earlier in this thread. If you let me know your weight height and activity level I will give you your points level for the day from my old WW book. It's really not difficult and you don't need all the bumf that you get at the meetings.

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 18-Sep-09 16:13:22

Ok I am 11 stone 9lbs 5'5inches and I think fairly active.

colditz Fri 18-Sep-09 16:16:16

are you breastfeeding?

colditz Fri 18-Sep-09 16:16:33

and how old?

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 18-Sep-09 16:18:49

sorry no not breast feeding and 35. smile

colditz Fri 18-Sep-09 16:21:13

You get 22 points per day as long as you are fairly active ... I have a WW thread running at the moment, come and join us!

the point calculator is on there.

thesockmonsterofdoom Fri 18-Sep-09 16:24:12

cool, cheers.

Tortington Fri 18-Sep-09 16:30:51

if you want quick results atkins is the diet.

it can be done more healthily than people give it credit for

and the great thing is you can't cheat - you just can't cos if you do you wont see weightloss for another 7-10 days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now