Talk

Advanced search

how to get rid of my 'pregnant' stomach (not even pg with first yet!)

(6 Posts)
dancingqueeen Sat 12-Sep-09 21:36:23

I have, and always have had apart from when I was underweight, a 'pregnant' stomach. the rest of me is fairly ok, quite curvy, but stomach is really my only hangup. I am often mistaken for being pregnant although I do try and dress carefully to disguise it (particularly upsetting at the minute as I've been ttc for over a year now and would desperately like a child)

I probably need to be fitter, and am trying to do exercise (walking / swimming/ cycling) every day, but the constant pregnant questions are really getting me down and would love some tips on how I could get rid of all the excess fat...

Barrelofloves Sat 12-Sep-09 21:55:03

Cut out wheat as it leads to bloat, there after stand straight, keep tummy muscles pulled in at all times ( as soon as you wake up!)and take up running!

dancingqueeen Sat 12-Sep-09 21:57:56

don't think much of its bloating, fat mainly I think (even though I don't rank as overweight on the charts, but I am unfit following illness last year)

will try running then, I don't massively enjoy it, but swimming/ cycling aren't making any difference yet!

fidelma Sat 12-Sep-09 21:58:36

I don't know what size you are but top tip form an ex ballet dancer and pilates teacher.Do some abdominal exercises and pull in your tummy 20% all the time.You will be amzed.Good luck with TTC.I would go to my GP after a year of trying.

dancingqueeen Sat 12-Sep-09 22:05:46

thanks fidelma, I keep trying to pull tummy in but forget mainly (except when tummy is really getting me down). will try harder, will have to find a way to remind myself.

going to go to gp in a few months, its been a funny year, I went 5 months with only 1 period due to work related stress, so going to wait and have a few more regularly cycles before panicking (much as I would dearly love to have a real pregnant belly!).

notamumyetbutoneday Thu 15-Oct-09 13:24:53

Hi this is a late reply butI have exactly the same problem as you with my tummy- I am often asked when I am expecting, etc.

A tip someone gave me (if you drive) is that every time you change gear or stop at traffic lights you should pull your stomach muscles in. Can't say yet if its working for me but its certainly making me more aware of my stomach if that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now