Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Warning TMI ! Have joined a gym and now never off the loo !!

(7 Posts)
lilacclaire Wed 09-Sep-09 13:36:47

blush
Has anyone else experienced this, I am going about 2 or 3 times a day since starting going to a gym 2 weeks ago.
Is it my body working more efficiently (says hopefully) or should I cut down on my workout.
I do 30 mins on bike then about 20 mins toning on the various weight machines.

danthe4th Wed 09-Sep-09 16:28:42

Don't know about the toilet issue but you may be eating differently also you should ask the gym to do you a programme. If you want to go twice a day you need to vary what you do otherwise your body is going to get used to the exercise and then you won't notice the results. Why not try a rolling programme over 3 days try 20 mins on the rowing machine on mon, bike on tues and cross trainer on weds and then concentrate on toning legs, torso,and arms on different days and then do a class in the evening then have a day off or go for a walk up a hill or something.It worked well for me when I used to go daily, I toned up really well and lost weight.But it does get addictive and even now I either have to go all the time or not at all as I really miss it.

cluckyagain Wed 09-Sep-09 16:36:14

If we're talking number 2's here(!!) you will have increased gastric emptying with exercise.....basically good for you as the food goes through your system more quickly and doesn't release toxins (which come out if the poo stays there and ferments!) It should calm down, although if you've gone all healthy on the diet too this could account for it. Final possibility is if you are running alot on the treadmill.....lovingly known as the runners trots! This is a well known problem and is lots of fun to deal with - the only way to get around it is to make sure you haven't eaten anything even vaguely substantial for at least 1 1/2 hrs pre exercise (past a banana or such) Ae you waiting for long enough after a big meal before going to the gym? Good luck and well done you x

lilacclaire Thu 10-Sep-09 09:16:32

Clucky - yes we are talking about no 2's here! So its good news then!
I don't go on the treadmill, am basically a lazy lump and like to sit on the bike.
I don't eat anything before I go, as I go first thing in the morning after dropping wee person at school (just on my way to gym actually) and always 'go' first thing in the morning anyway.
Oh well, will rest knowing its nothing sinister and the exercise is having some effect!
Haven't changed my diet, eat ok anyway and just concentrating on getting more fit just now.

cluckyagain Thu 10-Sep-09 16:04:00

LOL - well done. Running's not all that bad - honest!! (says her who bases her runs on how many loo's she passes!!)

nikkid21 Thu 10-Sep-09 16:43:23

If I do a lot of cycling it has the same effect on me. Not so bad if just doing a 45 min spin class but if I do a 2 hour spinathon or ride more than 20 miles or so outside I do notice the difference with regularity.

lilacclaire Thu 10-Sep-09 20:19:03

Must be a good thing then, your body working more efficiently.
Im sure I read somewhere, that the perfect body would poo everytime you ate a meal (something from a distant memory from a dodgy magazine article no doubt)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now