Talk

Advanced search

SLIMMING WORLD - Recipe Thread - WARNING MAY CAUSE INSPIRATION!

(11 Posts)
TitsalinaBumsquash Sun 06-Sep-09 16:51:05

I have started this, feel free to add anything you like and i hope everyone can get some inspiration and ideas from it.

FISH FINGERS

RED - 1 HEB
GREEN - 2 HEBS
EE - 1 HEB

Ingredients

Your favorite Fish - A firm, white, Fish works best.
1 Lemon
1 small bunch of fresh Parsley
1 Egg
2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (from 400g loaf)
Salt and Pepper to season.

1. In a blender whizz up Bread, Parsely, the Zest of the Lemon and a pinch of Salt and Pepper until you have fine Breadcrumbs.

2. In a bowl whisk up 1 Egg.

3. Cut your fish into 'Fingers' or 'Nugetts'.

4. Dip your Fish into the Egg then roll in the Breadcrumbs, really pat them on to get a good coating.

5. You can grill them or cook them in the oven or lightly fry in Frylight untill golden Brown.

6. Scoff the lot! grin

This recipe i so versatile, great as above for children or for a bit more of a grown up feel, coat whole Fillets or Chicken breasts, you can change the Lemon and Pasley for pretty much anything. Some combos i like are,

Chilli Flakes and Lime
Dill and Lemon
Sun Dried Tomatos and Basil
Tarragon
Roasted Red Pepper and Pasley

They are Freezable to!

Experiment and have fun!

fuzzypeach Mon 07-Sep-09 22:18:06

Sounds lovely, will be keeping an eye on this thread and when I can think straight, add my own smile

TitsalinaBumsquash Mon 07-Sep-09 22:26:43

CHUNKY BEEF HOTPOT

RED - 1 Syn
Green - 1HEB & 1 Syn
EE - 1 Syn

Ingredients

500g Stewing Beef
2 Carrots
1 Onion
1 handfull of Button Mushrooms
1 Red Pepper
Beef Stock
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Parsley
Mustard Powder
Worcestershire Sauce
Gravy Granules

1. Cut your beef into chinks, remove any visable fat.

2. Half your Mushrooms, and chop your Onion, Pepper and Carrots into bitesize chunks.

3. Put it all into a large Casserole dish and season to taste, cover with Beef Stock and add 1tbsp of Mustard powder and a glug of Worcestershire Sauce.

4. Put into a pre heated oven for about 1.5 hrs or until Beef is tneder and Veggies cooked. Keep the heat on the low side to let it cook slower.

5. When done add 3tbsp of Gravy Granules to thicken and then add a large handfull of chopped fresh Parsley.

TitsalinaBumsquash Mon 07-Sep-09 22:27:24

Chunks, not chinks blush

MamaG Thu 10-Sep-09 10:07:19

QUICK CHINESE NOODLE LUNCH

FREE ON GREEN

1 pack of fat free supernoodles
mushrooms
onions
soy sauce
garlic

Cook your supernoodles in the microwave(takes 4 mins!)

Fry garlic, mushrooms, onions & any other veg in fry lite.

Mix into cooked noodles with some soy sauce

Voila.

grinningbee Wed 16-Sep-09 12:48:17

Spicy Beef Curry

Free on red
4 1/2 on green if using beef as a healthy extra

Serves 4 (supposedly!)

2 Onions
5 Garlic cloves
1lb/454g extra lean minced beef
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground tumeric
2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
1 egg
1pt/568 ml beef stock made with bovril
1 tbsp freshly chopped root ginger
4 cloves
4 cardamom pods
1in/2 1/2 cm piece cinnamon stick
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
3 tomatoes
5 tbsp very low fat natural yogurt

1 Peel and finely chop one onion and peel and crush two garlic cloves. Place in a bowl with the minced beef, 1 tsp cumin, ginger and tumeric, the ground coriander, chilli powder and fresh coriander. Beat the egg and stir into the bowl. Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into small balls with your hands. Set aside and store in a cool place.

2 Make the sauce: peel and finely chop the remaining onion and peel and crush the remaining garlic. Place in a pan with half the stock, cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes, uncover and simmer for 20 minutes until the onions are tender and syrupy.

3 Stir in the remaining spices and cook gently for 2 - 3 minutes. Meanwhile, skin the tomatoes, chop and add to the pan. Stir in the yogurt and then add the remaining stock and heat through until it reaches simmering point.

4 Add the meatballs, cover and simmer gently for 25 minutes. Stir occaisionally to prevent the sauce sticking. If necessary, add more stock or water as the sauce will reduce considerably.

grin

tammybear Thu 17-Sep-09 11:27:13

Ooo I've done a similar curry recipe but with chicken. It was actually quite nice, although I would have preferred an Indian takeaway! grin

tammybear Mon 21-Sep-09 11:23:59

Made these last night grin

*Chicken Kievs*

2.5 Syns per serving on an Original Day

Serves 4, but I only made 2 and found that was enough.

Need:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
3 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 small egg, beaten
1oz/28g golden breadcrumbs
Fry Light

1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Use a small sharp knife to slice lengthwise down the side of each chicken breast, taking care not to sever the flesh completely to form a pocket. Season this.

2. Crush the garlic and mix with the fromage frais, parsley & 2 tbsp Parmesan. Spoon the mixture into the pocket and press together to seal. Use a cocktail stick to secure and place the chicken breasts on a sheet of baking parchment.

3. Brush the bottom side of each chicken breast with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with half the breadcrumbs. Turn over and repeat with more egg and the remaining crumbs. Sprinkle the top lightly with remaining Parmesan.

4. Transfer to a baking sheet and spray with a little Fry Light. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and cooked through. Serve immediately.

Nice with a jacket potato as a HEb and salad

tammybear Mon 21-Sep-09 11:24:37

Oops didn't bold my words right lol.

tammybear Mon 21-Sep-09 16:06:01

Titsalina, what temp does the oven have to be for the hotpot?

sowhatis Sat 03-Oct-09 12:21:22

i made the chicken noodle soup, beef burgers and chips and the cod with spring onion mash all from the EXTRA EASY cookbook, and all FREE on EE !!!! They were all lovely, i was the only one that ate the noodle soup (DH looked and declined and kids were out that night!) but we all ate the other 2 and the burgers were the best apparently!!!

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now