Talk

Advanced search

1st Sept marks my date for my post baby 'healthy eating plan' (ie, no family size bags of Revels at my side no more) - anyone want to join me?

(78 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Mon 31-Aug-09 22:24:28

Hiya, I had a baby in July and I have been gorging ever since in the false belief that I can eat what I want since I am breastfeeding Well no weight is shifting (surprise surprise) so as from tomorrow I am cutting out the crap and going to try to eat healthily again.

I am currently 9st 10.5 lbs and aiming to lose about a stone to get back into my pre pregnancy clothes. Anyone want to join in the fun?

AitchwonderswhoFruitCrumbleis Mon 31-Aug-09 22:25:27

i must. but i can't be arsed. what are you going to do?

spookycharlotte121 Mon 31-Aug-09 22:27:15

I join so many of these threads and fail miserably!

Im trying to lose weight at the moment and didnt do too badly today with things. I would be happy to join in if I can stick to my healthy eating plan

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 31-Aug-09 22:29:41

I have been eating lots of crap like tonight I have eaten literally 10 mini chocolate brownies after dinner and last night a whole family bag of Revels. Plus I had 2 packets of crisps today plus a main meal for both lunch and dinner...

I'm not going to do anything radical or drastic, just eat normal meals but stop eating the extra rubbish.

...and call it 'healthy eating' rather than 'diet' Sound good?

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 31-Aug-09 22:30:28

Come join Charlotte, I need folk to help me along! How was today then?

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 31-Aug-09 22:33:27

baby crying, off to bed now. tomorrow is a new day and no more sweeties!

spookycharlotte121 Mon 31-Aug-09 22:37:23

heathy eating is a good idea... which is what im going to do. Im going to cook everything from scratch.... well most of the time and try and do exercise daily even if i just have a walk around the block.

I have terrible depression at the moment and have put 2 stone on since starting anti depressants. Today started off terribly mainly because the kids didnt sleep last night but after dinner tonight I went for a walk.... went and had a swing in the park for half an hour (indulged in my lost teenage years! grin) and then walked the long way home which was fantastic.
Who knew exercise could be so enjoyable. It really cleared my head too

Im going to try to go for a half hour walk with the kids twice or 3 times a week, do a few 10 min sessions on my fitness dvd and also I would really like to go swimming once or twice a week. I think the extra activity will help with the weight loss and hopefully keep my moods up.

Im also guilty for indulging in far too much crap and can easily eat my way through a whole packet of biscuits!!!

How much are you hoping to lose?
Congratulations on the baby by the way.... i had mine last summer and anohter the previous summer. Is it your first?

ilikeyoursleeves Tue 01-Sep-09 09:56:09

well done charlotte on your positive plans, good for both body and mind! a walk on your own sounds good! i'm going to try to do more exercise too as i've not been doing much lately, ds1 can't stand his raincover so a walk in the rain always results in tantrums!

i have 2 ds's, ds1 is 22 months and ds1 is 6 weeks today. how old are yours? i put on about 1.5ish stone in pregnancy so i'm hoping to lose that, well i'll aim for a stone first and see how i go!

today i weighed in a 9st 10.5 again, so initial target weight is 9 stone. i've had 2 weetabix so far today, i'm going to try to stay away from the rubbish! going to go out for a walk to the post office with ds2 in the sling too, that's exercise isn't it?

whyme2 Tue 01-Sep-09 10:15:39

Can I join your thread. Now Sept is here I need to start healthy eating again. I've eaten so much junk over the summer I've put on a stone. I need to lose about 4 in total but one will do to start.
My baby was 1 last week so I have no excuses blush
I've been depressed over the summer and eaten too much but I always see Sept as the start of a new year for some reason.

MummyDoIt Tue 01-Sep-09 10:32:53

Can I join in? I put on weight when I had the DSs but they're five and six now so I reallly can't be using that as an excuse. I periodically have a go, shift a few pounds then relax and put it all back on. I seem to have no difficulty maintaining a weight but the weight I am maintaining is 11.4 which is between one and two stone more than I would like to be. It's been bad the past year as, since DH died, I don't cook proper meals for myself and just eat junk plus I drink too much. Not huge quantities but far too often. For the sake of my health more than my figure, I need to take myself in hand.

So, proper home-cooked meals, make sure I get my five a day, wine only at weekends and no junk. I'm also back at the gym on Thursday when the DSs go back to school - can't go while they're on holiday.

Apart from the health issues, there's a big family gathering in January where I'll see loads of relations I haven't seen for ages and I want to look slim and gorgeous, not tired, fat and forty-odd!

ilikeyoursleeves Tue 01-Sep-09 10:44:16

Hi Whyme, yes come join, the more folk the more motivation! Hopefully Sept will sort out all our summer overindulgences

ilikeyoursleeves Tue 01-Sep-09 10:48:35

Hi Mummydoit, glad you are joining too Sorry to read about your DH, how awful for you, no wonder you can't face cooking meals much!

Take it you are in England? Schools have been back up here in Scotland for what seems like ages now!

MummyDoIt Tue 01-Sep-09 10:52:41

Yes, I'm in England.

It is hard to get up the motivation to cook. I do cook for the DSs but DS1 is very picky and it tends to be the same few meals over and over, some of which are not particularly diet-friendly. Plus when they're at school, they have school dinners so I don't cook again for them at home. I can't keep using it as an excuse, though. My size 14s are now getting a bit tight and yet I remember swearing that I would never let myself get so big I had to wear 14s. I really, really cannot start buying size 16s!

spookycharlotte121 Tue 01-Sep-09 17:11:45

Heya..... nice to see a few more people on the thread.
sorry to hear about your dh mummydoit, must be very tough for you. My dad died when i was 8 and i remember going from nice home cooked meals to chicken nuggets and chips every night so Im sure your kids will be pleased of the change.

I havent had a very good start to today. I went to the doctors as I have post natal depression and he has swapped my tablets which is good as they have made me put on weight and feel crap but im also worried they are going to make me feel ill for the first few weeks.

I also was really naughty and ate gregs for lunch.
Am going to walk up to the shops in a bit as we have nothin in for dinner. will be nice to get some fresh air and the exercise will be good too.

well done for sticking to the healthy eating today sleeves. I promise I will do better tomorrow.

MummyDoIt Tue 01-Sep-09 17:59:18

Well, I've done okay so far today. Just had gammon, new potatoes and veg for tea. I didn't smother the potatoes in butter like I usually do so I'm feeling virtuous. The evening is my danger time, though, when I start snacking and nibbling so I'll have to try and be strong. Anyone have any tips for dealing with this? I sometimes try to do some cross-stitch to keep my hands busy which can help.

ilikeyoursleeves Tue 01-Sep-09 19:18:06

hi all, i've been ok today too. had 2 weetabix for brek, a salmon sandwich and grapes for lunch and spaghetti carbonara for dinner (although it was pretty creamy!) and just had 2 mini brownies....then i looked at the calorie content which was 100 per square!!!!!! i ate loads of them yesterday! at least they are finished now so i can't gorge on them tonight. hopefully i won't be tempted to eat again til tomo morn.

mummydoit, not sure i have any tips for not snacking at night. stay on mn all night to keep your hands busy? brush your teeth so they taste all fresh and you won't want to eat? lock your snacks away / put them in the garage lol!

charlotte, i hope you don't have any side effects from your ad's and they help your pnd. best to try to keep active / busy to help your mood. and see every day as just one day, start tomorrow again!

btw baby on boob hence all lower case!

ilikeyoursleeves Tue 01-Sep-09 21:30:53

I've been good tonight, I'm starving but I've only had a bunch of grapes

hayes Tue 01-Sep-09 21:39:47

I want to join in smile I've lost just 2 and a half stone since January however have maintained my weight since my holidays in July....I have another half stone to lose am going another holiday in 6 weeks so would like to do it in this time frame. I'd like to lose a further half stone by Xmas. I follow Scottish Slimmers.

good luck everyone!

ilikeyoursleeves Tue 01-Sep-09 22:06:52

Wow Hayes that's a great weight loss since Jan! Congrats! Where are you off to on hols? envy

EmNotPGYet Tue 01-Sep-09 22:28:12

Can I join? 1 Sept is always my best day of the year to start new things - it was my giving up smoking day for several years, though hopefully that is behind me now (quit for 2 months!).

I feel like all my clothes are too tight since my recent holiday and when I went shopping ysterday I couldn't fit comfortably into size 12, so I thought it was definitely time to do something about it. I slimmed down from a 16 to a 12 a couple of years back and I don't want to creep back up there again.

Today started so well - I had a yoghurt and a latte when I got to work (maybe 250 cals altogether), a banana and a 70 cal cereal bar mid morning (another 170 cals), then did 45 mins aerobics class at lunch, then ate a Tesco salad and an apple for lunch (total maybe 320 cals). That equals 740 cals, or call it 800 to be safe. So far so good. But I had a really stressful day at work, and a horrid commute, and since I got in I have had (probably more than) half a bottle of wine and a big portion of lasagne, salad and garlic bread as cooked by my DH. That must have been more than the 1,000 or so calories I was allowing myself for dinner.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

whyme2 Wed 02-Sep-09 14:13:27

Hello everyone,

Yesterday was good, I managed to not snack although Idid eat a big lunch. Had scrambled egg on toast for lunch followed by crisps. But no breakfast so it should even out.
Dinner is stew and dumplings and no evening snacks.
DD's at school so I have been walking as well.

ilikeyoursleeves Wed 02-Sep-09 20:37:34

Hiya all and welcome to the thread Em

Today I had 2 weetabix for brek, 2 slices of wholemeal bread with cottage cheese for lunch (although this was at a friends house where I went for lunch and I was STARVING after it cos the lunch was a pitiful size but felt I couldn't ask for seconds), then had a banana on the way home plus a packet of DS's yoghurt raisins. Dinner was 2 slices cheesy toast and french onion soup, followed by choc cake and custard (oops).

I'm now in bed with a headache from a crappy sleep last night (DS2 decided to wake up for 2.5 hours in middle of the night argh), I figure going to bed will help me to avoid any snacking too!

How's everyone else doing?

spookycharlotte121 Thu 03-Sep-09 00:15:22

heya..... not had too bad a day today. Didnt have breakfast which was a bit naughty and i havent drunk enough.... also was out at lunchtime and there was only a sausage and egg sarnie left so that was all i could eat but i had a jacket potatoe for dinner with cottage cheese and a glass of water.... also had 2 orio cookies.... though it was better to have those that end up pigging out on something worse.

I went to asda and bought lots of nutritious food so tomorrow Im going to cook up a big pan of soup so that i can have it each day for lunch.

also bought very few treats..... got the kids their rusks and 4 packs of crisps between them.... oh any my pack of orio cookies but other than that it was fresh veg and meat..... i felt very smug going through the tills with all my healthy food..... so here goes!!!

Am supposed to be going shopping in town tomorrow so i will eat before i go and lessen the risk of me snacking whilst im out. I also figured that walking round the shops for a good few hours will be pretty good exercise

might have a quick midnight blitz of the fitness dvd in a bit and then pootle off to bed. hope everyone else is doing well!

I feel very positive and am really pleased about this thread. It is helping me because I dont wanna let the rest of you on here down by cheating!

Good luck tomorro everyone

ilikeyoursleeves Thu 03-Sep-09 10:22:04

Wow you are sounding so motivated Charlotte! ...and doing so well what you putting in your soup? i'm having leftover onion soup for lunch, had weetabix again for breakfast and don't feel hungry yet, but it's only 1015am. i weighed myself this morn too (even though i meant to only weigh in once a week) and i've lost 1.5lb already!!!!!!!!! although that's prob just fluid but hey it's great for the old motivation

what you buy when you were shopping? i've been internet shopping and got a new pair of uggs delivered today wooooooo hoooo! my other pair are looking a bit dead so i treated myself for winter. i've been selling old clothes that no longer fit on ebay so that paid for half the boots hoorah!

have a great day all, i'm off to the P.O. to post more ebay parcels...

spookycharlotte121 Thu 03-Sep-09 13:07:49

heya..... i bought fresh veg, fruit and some meat when i went shopping..... didnt really buy anything processed which is good

Havent had breakfast again today which is bad but im going to try and make sure i drink a least 1L of water.

Am just about to have a jacket potatoe for lunch. am slightly obsessed with cottage cheese..... i love the stuff.... so i figure i might as well let myself have i as often as i like as its pretty low fat nom nom!!! Tis one of my fave foods so it isnt even like a diet.

Am feeling sooooo much better since coming off of the citalopram. I feel like a different person. I havent weighed myself yet..... but i hope i will have lost something when i do.

What day should we have as a weigh in day?

soup...... im going to make a few.

leek and potatoe, spicy parsnip and vegetable. Theyre all pretty easy to make and have very little fat in them.

I just need to deforst the freezer so i have somewhere to put them once theyre done.

Hope you have a good day. I will check in again later.

just want to say thanks again. this thread is keeping me really motivated. well done on your 1.5lbs weight loss already too!!! Keeps you positive doesnt it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now