Talk

Advanced search

JOGGING/RUNNING

(6 Posts)
lilybird Tue 31-May-05 11:02:07

i have just started running/jogging withmy personal trainer (dh!)i have never run before in my life, but needs must as i need to lose about a stone. just wondering if anyone has lost weight by running.
quite impressed myself yesterday i ran 21/2 miles!

coldtea Tue 31-May-05 11:30:26

Last year i trained for the Great North Run. I had never run before & didn't alter my diet either(though i'm not big i eat like a pig!)

To begin with i was running 5 times/week anything between 10 & 30 mins. I did this for about 4 months when i reduced it to 3times/week running a min of 30mins twice/week & a long run at the weekend.

I lost a stone in the 6 months i trained & i've kept it off despite not running for the last 6 months.

I've sarted running again now because i enjoy it, the weight loss was great but i'm sure i could have lost a stone quicker with a weight loss club!

Well done, i couldn't run 5 mins in the beginning let alone 2 1/2 miles! You're doing really well, keep it up!

Arabica Tue 31-May-05 21:47:51

Well done on your weight loss. I'm hoping to shift a stone or so whilst jogging v slowly towards a 5km goal. Not lost any weight so far, but I've dropped a whole dress size! If you can do 2 and a half miles in one go I'm sure you'll soon be running your way to your target weight--just make sure you stay injury-free.

cod Tue 31-May-05 21:54:40

Message withdrawn

potty1 Tue 31-May-05 22:00:27

Haven't seen you on the support thread recently cod - good to see you're still at it.

Runners support thread here

Good on you lilybird - I can't run with my dh, he's too critical of my style/speed/etc,etc. I'm up to 50 minutes now though and it's making him go out more because he won't be beaten by me and my jogging mates

Mummydearest Fri 17-Jun-05 15:01:56

The year before last I ran for 50 minutes/ 5 days a week on a treadmill, ate 1500 calories per day and lost 2 1/2 stone over 4 months. I gained the weight back after my DS was born. Now, can't seem to get back my motivation or find the same amount of time as I used to before my DS was born, but I know that it CAN be accomplished!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now