Talk

Advanced search

Diet Chef

(12 Posts)
Rohey Wed 26-Aug-09 09:57:34

Dear All,

Just wanted some good/bad feedback on diet chef.
I am about to start it and want to know if it has helped anyone lose the weight etc.

Thanks x

Bellabellabella Wed 26-Aug-09 10:38:41

Yes, I have lost a stone in 5/6 weeks. I would have lost more but have been unable to exercise until now. The advantage for me were that there were no choices involved, I just put my hand on the lunch or dinner box and ate whatever I pulled out! The milkshakes
are very very sweet I found and I did not enjoy the snacks apart fron the oat biscuits.As for the meals, it is a matter of personal taste, but frankly I only eat them because I have to! I have not tried all of the meat dishes though. Are you trying a week or month hamper ?

Rohey Wed 26-Aug-09 11:02:18

Bella x3

Thanks for your comments..

I am trying a months supply! I have about 3 stone to shift, so I am hoping this will help me kick start that. I am limited with exercise as I am recovering from broken bones in both my feet! Mad story...

Is it true that the pouches are a little stinky? Did you add lots of veg to your main meals? I am not a fan of milkshakes at the best of times and I cannot eat too much sugar, so not sure about the milkshakes!

Rohey Wed 26-Aug-09 11:02:46

BTW, that's really good weight lose in a short space of time... Well done xx

Bellabellabella Wed 26-Aug-09 13:35:19

Rohey, mine was a foot problem as well. Thank you, I was pleased with the weight loss, like you I need to shift about 3 stone.I would avoid the shakes if you cannot take too much sugar. Did you buy the 5 weeks for the price of 4 deal? I added either a good size salad , the salad I dressed with a squeeze of lemon and a spray of olive oil,or quite a good portion of vegetables but I did not go mad. I also had an apple and another portion of fruit a day. I broke the diet on 2 occasions (for occasions) but I did not go crazy. Not sure about 'stinky' ! Alot of the vegatarian meals have an artificial tomatoey flavour ( to me ). Have you had a look at the Diet Chef forum? Let me know how you get on, I am on month 2 at the moment. Not sure what I will do after that and am quite intersted to see how I get on next week when I will be more active. Exercise good, access to other food, bad.

Rohey Wed 26-Aug-09 15:52:39

Actually QVC were doing a deal 28 days for 159 pounds..Not bad and I thought I would probably spend that much on a fortnightly shop anyway..

I will link onto the forums also..

Will check in to tell you how I am getting on...

Will start next week xx wink

Bellabellabella Wed 26-Aug-09 16:16:10

I saw that offer, the advantage to going through DC direct is that you can pick exactly what you want.On the other hand you are getting a 'taste' of things. The DC rate is £190.00 for 35 days but you have to sign up for 2 months.

Rohey Thu 27-Aug-09 09:56:32

Oh well, lets just hope I can last a month and lose a little weight.. I assume no alchol is allowed?

Bellabellabella Thu 27-Aug-09 22:30:09

Yes, no booze, I have had a little but not my usual amount! I have tried to stick to herbal/fruit teas and a couple of coffees and water. This has made the little that I have had very enjoyable.

Rohey Fri 28-Aug-09 18:59:06

Guess what, food arrived this afternoon...

So as going out tonight will kick start it tomorrow.. Have been to Sainsburys and got fruit and veggie to bulk out the meal..

Wish me luck and will let you know how I am getting on xx

Bellabellabella Fri 28-Aug-09 19:13:45

Enjoy your night out and good luck!

cellos Thu 22-Oct-09 16:15:18

First day on diet chef (arrived yesterday), breakfast fine, milshake for lunch fie, snack fine, came to dinner, was gagging pouring dinner out of a seled pouch, heated it gagging at the look and smell of what I can only say looked and smelt like cat food, had one mouthful and threw it away. I cannot stomach the look of the sloppy food which resembles vomit in a pouch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now