Talk

Advanced search

Please Be Gone by November!

(13 Posts)
RubyBlueberry Sat 22-Aug-09 18:30:57

I have a pals wedding to go to in November, in Las Vegas.

I am a size 18 now and over 13st, 5'10" and miserable! sad

I want to wear a size 14 dress by then and hope to be 11st - reckon I can do it? hmm

So PLEASE tell me your suggestions, I will do ANYTHING, I am considering Slimfast and Adios?!

I did Atkins in the past (5 years ago pre kids) but it is v hard with 2 kids isn't it, making 2 different meals 3 times a day.
I am always hungry and end up trying to fill up on bread, which is bad cos it bloats me.....and makes me do huge pumps!!

So whatever you suggest, providing not too expensive..... I will do! grin

johnworf Sat 22-Aug-09 20:07:16

Have you spoken to your GP? You might be able to get something from the doctor for the price of a prescription. I'm on Xenical and it's working for me.

smile

moondog Sat 22-Aug-09 20:08:30

Why for a start are you making two differeent meals three times a day?

HumphreyCobbler Sat 22-Aug-09 20:11:18

honestly, you will do better by eating smaller portions, cutting out refined sugar and getting some exercise.

I have lost 2 stone doing this, faddy diets don't work.

RubyBlueberry Sat 22-Aug-09 22:38:35

Moondog - I meant if I was doing Atkins I'd have to do different meals for me and kids.

gingernutlover Mon 24-Aug-09 07:14:44

rubyblueberry

2 stones is certainly achievable in that time if you knuckle down and do it. Most diets you can lose 2lbs a week with but I always lose more in the beginning and if you add exercise into the mix too then I'm sure it can fall off.

It's good to have a date to work towards, especially as its in the near future too.

I have to lose a similar amount and I am wondering about doing weight watchers but using the old core plan. This means you eat lean meat, fish, veggies, fruit, pulses, beans, pasta and rice pretty much freely. But you almost cut out bread, and refined sugars.

It's not a plan they offer anymore but it worked for me really well, i lost over a stone in the first month and it then slowed to about 2lbs a week. The details wont be on the ww website, but I am goingt o follow it at home

a full list of the core foods can be found at

here

if you scroll down on the left hand side, there is a section called "no count"

i find this plan works well and quickly and its easy to use at home bacause you can have cereal for breakfast, soup/salad/jacket pot for lunch and then for dinner you can eat pretty much whatever the family is having but minus any sauces/butter, you'll see when you look, most family meals can be made using the core foods.

gingernutlover Mon 24-Aug-09 07:17:00

sorry thats confusing, it has been called no count and also core in the past but is the same plan

RubyBlueberry Mon 24-Aug-09 15:46:39

Oh thank you Gingernutlover, I'll have a look at that!! smile

gingernutlover Mon 24-Aug-09 17:20:16

no probs

i am back to counting points at the moment and will see how it goes. I have to do something!

RubyBlueberry Mon 24-Aug-09 22:46:11

Aye, me too!! What do you eat instead of bread?

gingernutlover Tue 25-Aug-09 07:20:09

ryvitas or crispbreads, also like having thngs like potato wedges and cous cous

yesterday for lunch has zero point soup and potato wedges for lunch, yum and filling

bread is the devil food whe dieting isnt it, it's so many points! Seems a waste

RubyBlueberry Tue 25-Aug-09 15:41:22

Ryvita! Now you're talking. Used to love it with Strawberry Jam (oops).
Is it all types of bread? What about rye bread or wholemeal etc?

gingernutlover Tue 25-Aug-09 18:25:20

you can have any bread as long as you point it, but it is high in points, so best avoided on core plan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now