Talk

Advanced search

weight loss has stalled. How to I get things moving again!

(3 Posts)
secretskillrelationships Tue 18-Aug-09 08:40:40

Bit of background. H left a few weeks ago and I felt nauseous and didn't want to eat. Did eat as always each with children but much less than normal. Having lost a few pounds (which I need to lose, put on over a stone in the previous 6 months due to stress of situation at home), I feel very positive so have continued to eat less planning to lose 2lbs a week until I've lost another stone.

I am eating more now, as appetite has returned, though still eating significantly less than normal but haven't lost anything for 10 days. What can I do to keep myself on track?

EvasMama Tue 18-Aug-09 20:07:51

Well done you for dropping weight! Sorry it is under those circumstances. Eat as much as you need to of vegetables, salads (careful with dressing (oil+vinegar best) low sugar fruits, soups etc.

Try having a soup before any meal (it reduces your calorie intake in the subsequent meal)

Significantly reduce sugar (eliminate raw sugar - ie for tea,coffee, cereal) and watch the sugar content on all food stuffs (carbohydrate has a sub category of sugars on most packaging. dont worry about the carb grams, just watch that the sugar is 5g per 100 or less)

Up your water intake

try a brisk walk once / twice a day if you can to get metabolism going (although i am sure your children keep you active enough already!)

Good luck!

secretskillrelationships Wed 19-Aug-09 11:59:26

Thanks for replying. Gone off food again since events of yesterday so weight will probably continue to fall!

But thanks for your advice and will bear in mind. Definitely need to do something about exercise. Am drinking more water than used to but not enough yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now