Talk

Advanced search

NO SELF CONTROL

(5 Posts)
AppleHEAD Fri 14-Aug-09 23:21:57

I am 2 stone overweight and my daughter is now 6 months old. I have got to get a grip and start eating properly. But with 3 kids and complete chaos I end up eating RUBBISH. I have no self control. Help. Is anyone else out there as rubbish as me. I often just eat a whole packet of biscuits and hardly taste them.
No more...........I am taking back control. Or trying

HolyGuacamole Fri 14-Aug-09 23:25:20

Come and join us on the Shiney thread grin

It's friendly, good fun and lots of people to kick your arse help motivate you.

danthe4th Sat 22-Aug-09 07:45:55

Don't buy them, buy pots of fruit salad, empty the house of treats but always have plenty of low cal snacks, rice cakes,cereal, ready prepared salads. I have to have crunchy foods on tap and ice cold water in the fridge otherwise I just grab whatever I see first.

whyme2 Sat 22-Aug-09 08:07:55

Write a shopping list and stick to it. Don't buy crap - yoi don't need it and niether do the kids.
Do eat when you are hungry though.

ShowOfHands Sat 22-Aug-09 08:14:53

6 months old? Honestly, it's normal to not be back to pre-pregnancy size then. I was 2 stones overweight when dd was 12 months and I started actively losing it then.

Don't buy rubbish. Just don't do it.

You're eating rubbish because you're tired and the sugar's giving you a boost. You need to eat more slow release foods that keep you fuller for longer and are more nutritious. Breakfast is a good start. Do you like porridge?

You could make healthy snacks with the children. Fills the need for something sweet if it's something like flapjacks but you know what's going in it. Good fun for the children too.

I couldn't diet. I think it's a soul-destroying and miserable thing to do. I do think eating healthily is very important though and restricting your diet and saying you are 'not allowed' certain things is negative and wearing. Instead, you recognise that certain things are an occasional part of a healthy diet. Just me though. Some people like dieting.

I took up running. Not just good for losing weight and toning but once I'd started enjoying it then pounding all thoughts and stress into the fields became very therapeutic. Lost 2 stones steadily and from never running before, am contemplating a half marathon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now