Talk

Advanced search

I give up, I am not dieting. I will stay fat and buy bigger t shirts.

(10 Posts)
whyme2 Fri 14-Aug-09 22:23:45

I am just totally fed up with it. Earlier in the year I lost 1 and a half stones and have now regained it all. Feeling fat and stupid. Dh doesn't help and we have had such a stressful few months with dh being ill and now unemployed (starts new job on Monday thankfully). I think I hate myself more for trying and failing to lose weight than if I just ate and not tried to lose weight IYSWIM.
So tomorrow I am going to buy some larger clothes that fit so I am not squeezing into too small clothes and I will give up dieting for the rest of the year. My baby is one next week and I want to be happy not thin.

Just feel so fed up with myself like I've wasted so much effort on a pointless task which is making me miserable.

cheekysealion Fri 14-Aug-09 22:26:32

bet you will lose now

as soon as i say i am on a diet i want to eat everything in sight...

when i allow myself to eat whatever i want then i tend not to want it and lose weight..

ConnieComplaint Fri 14-Aug-09 22:30:21

Buy clothes you are comfy in anyway, by squeezing into too small clothes it makes you look heavier than you probably are & make you feel like shit too.

Just keep an eye on what you eat... not a 'diet', just a lifestyle change...

I have lost 22lb since the end of January, all by making small changes. I never eat differently from the rest of the family (That's too diet like!) wink

Have you a lot of weight to lose?

whyme2 Fri 14-Aug-09 22:31:56

I think that is it. I need to take the pressure off myself. Also need bigger clothes so I don't feel ugly and uncomfortable.

whyme2 Fri 14-Aug-09 22:33:32

I have four stone to lose which sounds so much.
I've foolishly bought clothes to shrink into - they are going on ebay at the weekend. I just feel terrible looking at them all and only fitting into two things.

piscesmoon Fri 14-Aug-09 22:33:56

It is worth carrying on. I felt the same-gave small clothes to charity and now I wish I hadn't-they would fit! I found the secret was not to think of it as a diet but a change in eating habits for life. At the same time I increased the exercise. As you get success if feels much easier.

whyme2 Fri 14-Aug-09 22:46:21

The exercise thing has been difficult lately. No walking to school and dh has been too ill to look after dcs while I go to the gym.
I know all the ins and outs, what to eat etc but I am easily distracted at the moment and dh eats meals randomly which doesn't help me stay on track. Feel like I've wasted too much energy focusing and failing at losing weight that I need to give myself a break.

piscesmoon Sat 15-Aug-09 07:53:05

It is no good doing it until you feel ready. I am making out it is easy and yet I kept stopping and starting and, as I said, this time last year I decided I was never going to do it and bundled the clothes that didn't fit into a charity bag-a year on and I deeply regret it! I am having to take all my clothes in, I can't afford an entire new wardrobe.
I was suddenly in the mood after Christmas (having overeaten for the entire period)and it worked. As soon as I got real results there was too much to lose to slip back. I think the real difference is seeing it as a new eating plan for life and not a quick results diet.
I would give yourself a break, while you are not in the mood and too much is happening, but then restart-hopefully in a different mind frame.

whyme2 Sat 15-Aug-09 17:14:43

Thank you, today I feel so much better.

ideasplz Sat 15-Aug-09 17:35:02

dont't stress yourself.
just be careful at what you eating a bit.
dont eat large amounts of high calorie food, thats it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now