Talk

Advanced search

Want to lose a stone (ish) of baby weight by sensible eating?

(4 Posts)
muddleduck Wed 12-Aug-09 08:42:56

I'm 5.5 and 10 stone 12.
I'd like to be 10 stone.

ds2 is now 2 so I have no excuse blush

My plan is this....
I'm not going on a diet. I'm just going to pay more attention to what I eat and only eat things that are "worth their calories". No more mindless snacking when I'm not really hungy.

I'd like to lose 1 lb a week, but will not get stressed if it takes longer. I've done this before smile

I'm going to do a weekly weigh in (thursday morning) and confess online if I go astray.

Anyone want to join me?

caykon Wed 12-Aug-09 08:58:52

I would. I have quite a bit more to loose than you (about 7 stone) but want to do it sensibley so it stays of permently. I have done loads of fad diets and lost so much so quick, but guess what I put it all back on and more.
Something needs to be done that changes my eating habbits for life and sensible eating and portion control along with walking rather than driving everywhere seems to be a good starting place.

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Fri 14-Aug-09 12:06:16

I'll join you Muddleduck smile
I'm 5ft 5" also and weigh 10 stone 9lb's.
I'd love to lose a stone and be my pre pregnancy weight.
It doesn't sound like a lot but it really gets me down as all my weight seems to be around my middle. My DC are 3 and 18 months.
A massive factor with me is that I gave up smoking about 2 years ago and so my appetite just soared. I'm a SAHM too so I snack all day and don't get as much exercise as I did when I was working.
One thing I thought I might try is portion control. Just having small portions like my DC's. And also drinking water instead of snacking.

hoochymama Wed 19-Aug-09 21:51:09

I'll join you too! I've got about 2 stone to lose. I just can't do diets, I enjoy food too much.

I bought some rice cakes to snack on, but they are just like eating cardboard!

Do you have any nice, healthy snacks that you can recommend? I'm quite into celery at the mo...

I'm rubbish at portion control, I'd rather not snack and then have a big dinner, oh I think it's going to take me a while to lose this weight!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now