Talk

Advanced search

Come and give me a kick up the bum - I'm getting back on the ww wagon!

(44 Posts)
MissisBoot Mon 10-Aug-09 15:19:16

Have fallen off the ww wagon for about 8 weeks now (my excuse was that my computer had broken so I couldn't track online!)I've only put on a few pounds so have stuck to the basic principles but need to get back on track.

So want to lose a stone - I've just tracked my food intake today and am 2 points over already blush

How can I stay motivated this time?

gingernutlover Mon 10-Aug-09 16:27:59

i too have a stone to lose and I am a serial dieter.

How about having roasted veg for dinner? That's zero points and tasty.

I started ww again on friday and i stuck to it rigidly fri and sat, yet yesterday we visited MIL and also my mother who could not have laid on more points laden lunches had they tried! Both are stick insects and don't get the diet thing because they have never had to. So, I worked out I went 12 points over yesterday - hoping that makes you feel better MissisBoot grin

MissisBoot Mon 10-Aug-09 19:16:40

that makes me feel marginally better

tomorrow is a new day and all that - i'm going to stay off the alcohol tonight hoping that will minise the damage!

sleeplessinstretford Mon 10-Aug-09 21:59:54

i joined tonight...
i got back and ate 3 gu chocolate fondants that i found lurking in the fridge,with ice cream and cream oh and raspberries.The points aren't listed in the book so i am just going to move on from that and start tomorrow...
does that help?

MissisBoot Mon 10-Aug-09 22:16:08

yes - that helps a lot! we have one gu chocolate fondant pudding that has been calling to me all evening - I am going to resist the temptation!

have had a look on the ww website and seen a recipe for lemongrass chicken kebabs which look lovely so planning to have them tomorrow for dinner and dig out a packet of rice cakes that are lurking at the back of the cupboard for lunch with trusty old philidelphia!

MissisBoot Mon 10-Aug-09 22:16:55

well done on both joining joining up btw

sleeplessinstretford Mon 10-Aug-09 22:24:55

can you work out the points in a gu for me-then times it by 3 please?!?

MissisBoot Mon 10-Aug-09 22:28:36

will check in the morning and let you know unless you have the packet close to hand?! just need calories and saturated fat.

MissisBoot Mon 10-Aug-09 22:33:29

ok - have worked out the points

hope you're sitting down?

its 16 points for all three

sleeplessinstretford Mon 10-Aug-09 22:47:43

of course i am sitting down-that's sort of how my arse and belly got so big-sitting down too much and shovelling food down me.
so,erm,that's less bad than i thought.
thank you
*makes mental note to eat no points mother fucking soup for breakfast/dinner/tea for the next week*

MissisBoot Tue 11-Aug-09 09:42:17

right - have planned what I'm going to eat today.

breakfast: fruit and greek yoghurt and honey = 2.5 pts
lunch: 4 rice cakes with philidelphia and cucumber = 4.5 pts
dinner = lemongrass chicken kebabs and rice = 5 pts

which leaves me with a bit of leyway for a few snacks and a drink this evening - lets hope it goes to plan!

sleeplessinstretford Tue 11-Aug-09 09:56:49

whoop whoop...are you genuinely excited about that? i am off to sainsers later to stock up on healthier choices...
Breakfast-a small bowl of frosties and an apple
lunch some thai noodle soup (it's the only soup i can eat that i don't mop up with half a buttered french stick)
tea-lamb casserole followed by fruit,meringue,creme fraiche

OhBling Tue 11-Aug-09 10:03:23

I was on another WW thread but am too blush to go back as I fell of the wagon completely. Have my first weigh in in three weeks today and am dreading it - haven't even been doing sneaky weigh ins at home the last 10 days.

So I need to get back on.

I need a) lots of kick up the butts and telling me when I'm doing things wrong and b) lots of good suggestions for food that is low points and still easy as I go along.

Part of the problem is that I work long hours and eat out a lot and it's so hard. If I can get to the gym twice a week at least, it makes a huge difference but I hurt my knee the other day and have been told to stay off the gym for another few more days - which is annoying as work is less busy at the moment because of summer so there's potentially time to actually go to gym.

I had porridge and coffee for breakfast. Am out for lunch but think I can order grilled fish or something similar. DH and I did a big market shop on the weekend so for supper tonight I think I'll just do some veggies - we have some lovely corn and courgettes and patty pans so perhaps I can break out my new griddle pan and do them on that!

sleeplessinstretford Tue 11-Aug-09 10:08:33

is this going to be a 'shit ww's thread'then? if so i am in..

right,with the veggies what will you have,as i know that that will do NOTHING to even touch the sides?

I am sahm who is currently nannying for my friends little boy until my registration is through-the days are long and there are so many meals and snacks to dole out and try not to graze on....

mmmm toast with butter...

we've stopped drinking during the week, that has GOT to be good for at least half a stone a month right?

MissisBoot Tue 11-Aug-09 11:19:23

stopping drinking during the week and you should easily drop half a stone - despite my best intentions I couldn't resist a large vodka at the end of the day - its less points then wine though!

I agree my lunch is less than inspiring - its just that if I eat sandwiches I'll scoff loads and won't be able to resist crisps!

I haven't been to a weigh in since May - I'm dreading going back but it is the only thing that keeps me on track

OhBling Tue 11-Aug-09 11:27:20

the thing I love the most about WW is that I can still have a glass of wine, if I plan for it.

It's definitely the planning I find difficult though.

I have looked at the menu online for the restaurant we're going to at lunch and I will be having a smoked salmon starter and then sea bass. No wine.

Tonight I will have vegetables - including some new potatoes as I get hungry if I don't have at least some carbs and I need to use them up before they start growing!

It's definitely all about the planning.

Missis - do you eat lunch at home or at work? I have been finding lunch when I'm not out at restaurants is getting easier. I have thai beef salads (which I buy from a deli but you can make yourself) which have a small portion of noodles and/or bread, a small portion of beef, lots of 0 point cucumber and lettuce and carrots or whatever and then the dressing is lime and soy so no oil (which is my big weakness).

I also often have soup at lunch.

Or I buy those ready meals from marks/tesco/sainsbury that have the WW points on them and are normally around 6 points. As they're quite filling, i don't mind that they're a little high as I tend not to eat other stuff if I have them.

OhBling Tue 11-Aug-09 11:28:11

Oh - and please can we help each other with motivation? The thing is that when I am good I DO feel so much better and I find that I substitute bad food with equally tasty good food - it's just the hassle factor I find so hard.

OhBling Tue 11-Aug-09 11:34:37

On that note - if I grill my veggies today, what should I dress them with? Just olive oil and garlic and chilli? Any thoughts?

MissisBoot Tue 11-Aug-09 13:13:53

balsamic vinegar should bring out the sweetness of the veg nicely if you want something more mediterranean.

I eat lunch at work; but am often out at meetings which run over lunchtime so only get a chance to grab a sandwich or salad to eat in the car which isn't good - that in turn means that I hit 4pm and have a massive energy drop forcing me to scoff everything that comes to hand!

sleeplessinstretford Tue 11-Aug-09 13:42:58

ok,so, i've had-a 35g portion of frosties with semi skim,a teensy fairy cake left over (after all the icing has been chewed off it) am about to have half a can of food but can't work out the points finder-think it's 4 points.
i'm doing a shitty lamb casserole (took the bloody lamb out last night when it was freezing cold and now it's bloody 80degs here or something.
i am going to attempt to not finish any leftovers at all.
I suspect the kids will be eating 'lots of things i don't like' for the next few weeks.
I do think we should motivate eachother though,and i really don't think starting fat club in my 'eating all before me the week before my monthly friend' arrives was the best idea i've ever had but it's do or die.
are either of you on that monthly thing and do you use it?
and if you type in 'diced lamb' does it come up with a recipe?!
how much have you got to lose by the way?
i am 13st2.5. I am quite tall and can concertina my belly into a size 16 still-just....

loler Tue 11-Aug-09 13:58:32

hello - I too have just fallen off - just finished the 2 custard do'nuts that the dc decided they didn't like after 2 bites and I couldn't put in the bin.

At my last weigh in 2 weeks ago I was 5.5 lb off goal. I can't understand where my will power has gone now the target of free meetings is so close!

I am dumping dropping dc off at yogabugs in a bit and taking the dog out to try and off set the cakes!

Also can't get myself to track - have been doing it for over a year and am so sick and tired of doing it! Have lost over 3 stone so know it works though!

Well enough of the exclaimation marks and thanks for making it to the end of my twoddle!!!

sleeplessinstretford Tue 11-Aug-09 14:01:08

wicked-are you in this club now then?

loler Tue 11-Aug-09 14:04:04

as in the falling off the wagon club or the climbing slowly back onto it?

I would love to take tiny babysteps toward the wagon if you would have me?

MissisBoot Tue 11-Aug-09 14:35:12

come on in loler

over the last few years I've lost two stone - ideally I'd like to get to 10 stone (not sure I've been that weight since I was about 14!)

how about a moroccan lamb casserole with couscous?

sleeplessinstretford Tue 11-Aug-09 14:49:16

done it-lamb,shallots,rosemary,carrots,sweet potato-dished up with spuds/bread for them-nish for me...
it smells ok...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now