Talk

Advanced search

low carbers -flax meal crackers and BREAD!

(7 Posts)
Tortington Sat 01-Aug-09 15:58:38

JUST MADE BREAD bread bread

and crackers

2 Tbsp flax seed meal
2 Tbsp water
spices to taste (optional)

In a bowl, mix flax seed meal with water and spices (I use a fork). Let rest 2-3 minutes.

On a piece of parchment, press and gently spread the mixture with a fork, until the shape desired (usually a 4" X 8" cracker, but can be round or other shapes as well). Microwave for 2.5 minutes or until cracker is solid.

Let cool.

2 cups flax seed meal
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 Tablespoons sweetening power from artificial sweetener
5 beaten eggs
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oil
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.

1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.

2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)

4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.

6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.

Nutritional Information: Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.

helps you poo yay !

tasts a bit like if porridge was bread hmm

i am just having bruchetta grin

i am so happy

thought i would let you know

Tortington Sat 01-Aug-09 15:59:29

oh no carbs in the crackers - NO CARBS

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 01-Aug-09 16:01:11

Sounds good, Custy.

How's it going, btw?

Tortington Sat 01-Aug-09 16:03:49

i have lost 11lbs

ha haaa haa haaa haa haaa ha ha a <cough>

that means i am in a different weight catagory IYKWIM - like a different 'stone' catagory
yay

hows it going with you?

GentleOtter Sat 01-Aug-09 16:10:13

OHMYGOD!!!! <does manic leaps round kitchen>

I am on week ten thousand of the Cambridge Diet and got to the stage of eyeing up the lino to eat.

Shall try this immediately. Thankyou.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 01-Aug-09 16:24:37

Brilliant!

Sadly I have not managed to lose more than a couple of pounds.

Not being strict enough (usual story)

Tortington Sat 01-Aug-09 16:43:06

i wondered wtf flax meal was

now - got mine from julian graves

dont know if holland and barret do it - but it was quite expensive at nearly a 5er a bag.

but you can get flaxseed (linseed) and grind it up yourself in a cofee grinder - which i am going to try at some point

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now