Talk

Advanced search

No time to exercise HELP!!!

(8 Posts)
LPO Sat 25-Jul-09 10:02:01

Does anyone have any ideas...?
I had my DS three months ago, my DH works really long hours and isn't home much before 9, so my time to exercise doesn't appear to exist.
Any good diets of exercises that I can do in the house???

I get married in May and am a lot heavier and have a lot more wobbly bits than I did before.

HELP needed...

pinkspottywellies Sat 25-Jul-09 10:06:15

A stepper? I think about doing 10 mins every night in front of the TV! Doesn't take up much space to store.

Or you can get so many different kinds of dvds davina is supposed to be good or you can get dancey ones, pilates, yoga etc - whatever floats your boat.

Or if you can be bothered to drag yourself out after 9 what about starting the couch to 5k running programme. I got really fit and lost weight doing that and used to go out after dd had gone to bed. (DS is 5 months though now and I'm still not quite back into it!)

canttouchthis Sun 26-Jul-09 13:12:45

You could always buy a piece of exercise equipment for your home, and use that so you've no excuse not to exercise.

There's always a way. You just have to make time.

JODIEwantsanewname Sun 26-Jul-09 13:20:27

Couch to 5K is very good and it only takes about 30 min, what time does your DH go out in the mornings, could you go out before him (I know sounds awful, but desperate times!!!! grin) Otherwise I second an DVD.

JODIEwantsanewname Sun 26-Jul-09 13:22:53

Oh I just had a thought, when DS1 was really small and didn't mind being in the buggy for long periods, I used to go out for a walk every day, rain or shine, I used to go out for an hour at least, that, along with a diet, I lost at least 1lb a week, but to tone up, you'll need to couple this with stomach crunches, lunges etc

LPO Sun 26-Jul-09 15:35:18

Thanks for all the tips there great. I went for my first couch to 5k run yesterday (taking advantage of the weekend wink) followed by stomach crunches and wall slides!
Never done so much exercise, lol.

Do you have a suggestions of swear-by DVDs?

Ivykaty44 Sun 26-Jul-09 15:53:40

walking with the pushchair - walk for fifteen minutes at a resnable pace in one direction and then walk back even faster. Do this after breakfast every day and then after dinner.

Walking is by far one of the best fat burners smile

cornsillk Sun 26-Jul-09 15:55:04

I second long walks. Take a flask and head for a park that's a good walk away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now