Talk

Advanced search

I need weight management help BIG TIME!

(10 Posts)
lydiane Fri 24-Jul-09 18:44:09

A bit of background. I am VERY overweight (oficially obese). I think that I am about 18 stone. I am unhappy about this, but am trying to get focused on not panicing about it and do something positive.

Now I dont want to do a conventional diet as such. I have lost this weight so many times and put it all back on again. I have realised that diets such as weightwatchers are really bad for me.
I tend to do well - then fall off the wagon - and when I do I binge.

So - I am looking mainly for tips. I have just joined the gym.
I am really interested in changing my lifestyle.
what things can I do. should I count calories. what things are good to rejuvinate my body? does yakult help?

any tips/advice welcomed
xx

CybilLiberty Fri 24-Jul-09 18:46:47

Eat stuff as fresh and natural as possible.

Cut down on bread (it's hard but it works...I have about half a stone to lose by next week GAH! so wil be doing that from tomorrow...)

Do not eat between meals

Realise when you are eating from boredom and not hunger.

Do not eat anything after 6.30 at night unless eating out.

Metatron Fri 24-Jul-09 18:51:01

use a smaller plate. Only eat sitting at a table. more veg less other stuff on your plate. Don't ban anything just eat less.

Today I am no longer obese (bmi), just overweight! I have lost about 1 1/2 stones by eating less, more healthily and increasing my excercise.

I don't feel like bingeing because I am not banning foods just choosing to eat less.

CybilLiberty Fri 24-Jul-09 18:52:03

what is a typical days food for you

deadflesh Fri 24-Jul-09 18:52:03

Go Vegan - eat as much as you want of delicious fresh vegan food and you'll zing with energy.

Once you eliminate animal fat and mucousy dairy from your body you won't crave it and will lose weight easily without being hungry.

CybilLiberty Fri 24-Jul-09 18:53:53

That's a bit hardcore

deadflesh Fri 24-Jul-09 18:54:44

Eating dead flesh is hardcore.

Metatron Fri 24-Jul-09 19:00:45

yum yum to dead flesh.

CybilLiberty Fri 24-Jul-09 19:01:30

dead flesh is scary

CybilLiberty Fri 24-Jul-09 19:01:58

(the poster, not the food...I've just polished off a roast chicken)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now