Talk

Advanced search

Pedometer Club 2005 - Week 20

(13 Posts)
Earlybird Sat 21-May-05 08:38:23

Good morning all! Madame Butterfly requested that someone start the Pedometer Club thread for the next few weeks as she is busy....so, here we are!

My total for the last week was: 57,309

That shouldn't be too hard for others to beat! I was active with my regular routines, but didn't get in those few extra long walks that would have pushed me to the target 70,000. I don't think I shall ever achieve the numbers regularly posted by our stellar members yoyo and Madame Butterfly.

How did the rest of you do this week?

coppertop Sun 22-May-05 14:31:54

As usual I suspect I'm trundling in last place. I managed to do only 46,091 last week.

Earlybird Sun 22-May-05 19:16:53

coppertop, sometimes I have weeks like that too (last week when I didn't even report in ). Try to give yourself credit for making the effort. Even when totals aren't hugely impressive it's good to remind yourself to keep trying and not give up. It all makes a difference, so well done for getting out there and pounding the pavement!

Posey Sun 22-May-05 19:42:28

Aren't we good? I was just going to start this weeks thread too. Won't be able to post next week as we're away and won't have internet access (how will I cope for a whole week?!)

Anyway I am VERY pleased with myself this week. I did 91,364. Mind you if I take away the amount I walked for Moonwalk training purposes, its only about half of that total.

Earlybird Sun 22-May-05 19:51:42

Wow Posy - that's a very good week. It's only two days into the new counting week, and I'm already behind target. Only managed to do about 15,000 steps this weekend. Guess I better get my a* in gear!

Posey Sun 22-May-05 20:13:33

Oh my weekend totals are generally rubbish.
Yesterday I walked to the off licence and today to the supermarket. Grand total of 6795
Oh well we did plan to have a very lazy weekend!

If I can get above 50,000 on a week without training, I'm pleased. I was amazed when I started this pedometer thingie how little I did walk. I always thought I was quite active, live in a city and don't drive very much as its easier to walk.

Earlybird Sun 22-May-05 20:16:06

Yep, I'm in a city too. Very central, and walk an astonishing amount compared to my friends....but not nearly as much as some of our group here. Do you think people who live in more rural settings walk more?

Posey Sun 22-May-05 20:19:26

Well I was under the impression that people in the country drove more because everything was too far to walk. When we go to mum's or mil's dd always complains that we have to drive everywhere as they live in villages.

coppertop Sun 22-May-05 20:31:18

Thanks, Earlybird.
We have no car so I tend to walk absolutely everywhere. I don't know anyone IRL who walks everywhere yet compared to you lot I'm always way behind. I live in a city so maybe that makes a difference (she says hopefully! ).

MadameButterfly Mon 23-May-05 10:41:19

Hi all,

Poset has beaten me this week. I only managed 79,240.

I don't think this weeks total is going to be any better as my parents are vivisting from scotland and will be taking us about in the car.

I am on holiday next week and will hopefully be spending lots of time on the beach so not much walking then.

Posey Mon 23-May-05 18:06:28

Poset?

MadameButterfly Wed 25-May-05 10:54:32

Sorry about that I meant POSEY

Posey Wed 25-May-05 21:08:10

Ooh where are you going MB? Hope the weather's nice for you.
We're off to the Isle of Wight, also hope to be spending a lot of time on the beach.

Just want to brag a little everyone. Today I did my biggest power walk yet...wait for it...are you ready...?
31,466, which is just short of 16 miles.
I am kn***ed. However am I going to do 26miles?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now