Talk

Advanced search

Today's the day!!!!

(11 Posts)
spookycharlotte121 Tue 21-Jul-09 12:52:42

I am embarking on a 3 stone weight loss adventure! (im trying to make it sound positive in my head)
Yesterday I got my hair cut so today is the next step and I want to shift the excess weight that Im carrying.
Have 2 dc's, ds is 2 and dd is 1 so they keep me on my toes but also introduce lots of tempting seductive foods.

Anyone else at the beginning of their diet journey and want to come along with me? I could do with the support and company.

Size 12 here I come!!!

spookycharlotte121 Tue 21-Jul-09 13:04:25

Forgot to say atm I weigh about 12stone 9lbs... have just eaten lunch so that might be a little out but im not bothered. Am going to let my dinner settle and then do some exercise.

Hope someone joins me soon!!! I will keep posting even if no one does.

I am determined to lose this weight.

lavenderbongo Tue 21-Jul-09 23:07:35

Hi spookycharlotte I am starting my wieght loss this wednesday as well. I lost quite a bit of wieght using ww last year but have put a stone back on again.
I cant afford to go back on ww at the moment so i am going to be doing it on my own and keeping a record of what I eat. I am going to start exercising again properly and get my routine back. I am hoping to get back to a good wieght for the summer.(I am in NZ its winter over here at the mo).
Can I join you on your wieght loss adventure - maybe we could motivate each other? I currently wiegh 13stone 7 and would like to get down to 11 stone eventually. My initial goal is to reach 12stone 7 in the first month.
I have two dds (4 and 2) and like you they do keep me busy. Also to complicate matters I am on a gluten free diet - so no bread or cakes which is probably a good thing!

weddingcake Wed 22-Jul-09 21:49:05

Please can I join in - Have DS of 2 and DD 3 months. Currently weigh 12 stone 7lbs (down from 12 stone 10 2 weeks ago so slow but a step in the right direction.

Am only 5 ft 2 so would love to lose 3 stone but will settle for 2. My big downfall is chocolate ...and lack of will power!

weddingcake Wed 22-Jul-09 21:55:33

Oh and I'm embarrassingly unfit and would like to do something about that but can't even get in any fast buggy walking these days because DS insists on walking everywhere and toddler pace isn't exactly fat burning!

spookycharlotte121 Thu 23-Jul-09 21:43:31

Hey lavender, I was hoping that we could all motivate one another. Hello wedding cake too.

I havent had a very good start but have done lots of walking so Im hoping that will conteract it.

I got a new exercise dvd in the post today so i will have to try it out and let you all know if it any good. Someone on here reccomended it and says it has great results.

weddingcake Sat 25-Jul-09 09:50:14

Need some motivation today - bad night with DD last night so I am currently craving sugar to wake me up...

OneLonelySock Sat 25-Jul-09 18:40:18

Sneaks in thread

If you're all just starting out, I'd love to join in, I'm currently 29yrs, 12 stone 6lbs and want to aim for 10'7.
I'm not a mum as yet, rather floating around the conception threads, but MN kind of drags you in a bit doesn't it. I mean mooncups? what are they all about? grin
I'm looking to just get in a bit of a healthier shape before pregnancy. So to be honest because I've not done the birth thing yet I'm not sure if I'm a fraud to join this thread - tell me to sod off if you like, I won't be offended. smile

How goes it with the dvd SpookyCharlotte?
- I take it you're not short of space to exercise at home then? I'm fairly sure that my flailing would take out a couple of bookshelves.

Weddingcake, just to help with motivation, do you have a plan yet to treat yourself when you hit your 9'7 target?
Shoes are always a good choice. grin

weddingcake Sun 26-Jul-09 23:23:03

Hello One Lonely Sock!

I haven't been great this weekend but am determined to get back on track tomorrow. Went to a friend's bbq on saturday so aside from 'dinner' I ate far too many crisps/nibbles then today DS was detemined he wanted to bake a chocolate cake so obviously I've been picking at it and slicing little bits off every time I've been in the kitchen this evening (it's now a really odd shape!).

Also off on holiday on Wed so that could be a disaster. Determined to at least try and stay on track though because I hate not being able to fit into the majority of my wardrobe. Think my 'target treat' will be a huge shopping spree though because it's such a long tine since I've been 9'7 that I dread to think what fashion crimes I was committing at the time.

I do vividly remember losing a stone the summer after my first year at Uni because I was utterly horrified that I'd let myself get to .... 9'10.

Would sell my own mother to be that weight right now!

Hope everyone else is still 'in the zone' to lose.

OneLonelySock Tue 28-Jul-09 08:19:18

Oh the horror of the weight gain of the first year at uni! I remember being terrified of my new blush beer belly. If only something could scare us so much now, they'd be no problem finding motivation. <sigh>

Hehe, I'm sure you're secretly very proud of your fashion horrors - I know I am, that at some point I was skinny enough to get away with them in public, though the pictures that prove it are safely stashed away grin

I hope that all goes well with the holiday, and that DS and DD enjoy themselves, which part of the world are you going to be exploring?

At the moment I'm building up the motivation to fix my bike and start cycling to work again as that'd help with losing weight and saving money, but it hasn't seemed to stop raining all week.

(Hang on a tick there WeddingCake - You've got such a great boy that he WANTED to bake a chocolate cake, and DIDN'T scoff it all as soon as it was done?! Was he ill?)

spookycharlotte121 Wed 29-Jul-09 20:49:24

hey ladies, havent had such a good week. Have pigged out far too much and have terrible PMT which means i cant stop eating.

I have done my DVD though and am now suffering with the burn afterwards. hopefully that means its working. will let you know if i notice any change in my measurements

hows everyong else doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now