Talk

Advanced search

My weight has been multiplying at a rate of knots since I have been working full time. How do you fit exercise around your job and children?

(4 Posts)
foxinsocks Sat 18-Jul-09 21:04:38

because at the moment, I don't grin and my big fat belly is testament to that

siouxsiesiouxandthebanshees Sun 19-Jul-09 01:18:27

My ma always wore them little ankle weights around her ankles and walked every where (she is very thin)
I dont bother with anything like that ... maybe thats why I'm like an elephant.

ConnieComplaint Sun 19-Jul-09 15:28:23

Hi Fox - I work full time too, from 9am to 5.30pm. Have two children who are glued to me from when I come home to I go to bed & even at the weekend I can't go to the toilet without them!

Anyway, the way I got around it was to use my lunch hour! That way I don't have kids & I get the exercise out of the way so when I go home I don't feel guilty about not working out!

I have lunch from 1-2pm so at about 12.50 I disappear to the bathroom & change into jogging bottoms & a tee. As soon as the clock says 1pm they don't see me for dust! I walk on the outskirts of town & back in again, aiming to be there by 1.50pm, change out of clothes & grab a quick lunch, usually eaten at my desk after 2pm! That's the exercise over & done with & eating after exercise is better than eating before it

Though I donn't know what your office/work is like, whether or not you could do this.

tattycoram Sun 19-Jul-09 15:30:04

I've just discovered running too. It is such a time efficient way of exercising. Or perhaps walking a little bit more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now