Talk

Advanced search

anyone around who's done/doing Paul McKenna's make you thin malarkey?

(12 Posts)
Tommy Thu 16-Jul-09 22:18:53

how can I get myself to realise that I am actually full? hmm

started off really well but just keep eating too much (old habits die hard). I am sat here feeling like a bloater having had perfectly sensible dinner, eaten slowly , and then decided I needed (loads of) chocolate.

what is wrong with me?!

Do I just need to read the book again?

Tommy Thu 16-Jul-09 22:27:43

no-one?
or are you all already in bed listening to him soothing you to sleep?!

PrincessToadstool Thu 16-Jul-09 22:32:45

Self-sabotage? I did it in the beginning but slowly got used to it. So don't be too hard on yourself.

Have not listened for v long time but going to get back into it again. Chocolate is a weakness of mine too.

Tommy Thu 16-Jul-09 22:36:08

Thanks Princesstoadstool. I bought the book on a whim (and because it was only £2 in Tescogrin) and can see the sense of it - certainly made me worry less about food - but haven't quite got into this "full" thing yet.

Will have another look at the book and listen to his creepy voice again

grin

PrincessToadstool Fri 17-Jul-09 07:49:26

I think it takes quite a while to get used to feeling when you feel full - and then later not wanting snacks/chocolate/whatever. You are right in your OP - old habits die hard.

And it takes a while to get your head around the truth that losing weight is that easy, that it doesn't need to be a science or something to build a profit machine. I was really skeptical but now completely believe in it, but you must listen daily I think.

Tommy Fri 17-Jul-09 09:36:29

listened for the first two weeks and then have been a bit sporadic. I can totally see the sense in it and it's also made me stop stressing so much about the DSs' eating habits - i.e. not making them finish up stuff on the plate etc.

I will go to sleep with his dulcet (sp?) tones again and see how I get on - thanks smile

Joolsiam Fri 17-Jul-09 09:46:47

I've been trying this, and it really seemed to be working for a while - the eating slowly bit was the key for me.

For various reasons, I've fallen off the wagon a bit in the last few days, but will get back to it - incredibly liberating not to be on a starvation diet and still manage to lose 1 lb per week

I've only listened to the CD once though - must do it again.

Tommy Fri 17-Jul-09 17:21:22

agree Joolsiam - it is liberating smile
however, I have also realised that just sitting and eating instead of reading the paper, watching TV etc means that I dot get any time to read the paper anymore!

gingernutlover Sun 19-Jul-09 18:59:34

i started doing this and have fallen off the wagon since going away for a weekend and end of term when the parents bought lots of yummy chcolates for me

i am definatly self saboutaging at the moment, dont seem to e able to stop, but sounds liuke it does work

Joolsiam Mon 20-Jul-09 09:44:58

Hello Gingernutlover - I've fallen off the wagon over the past week or so because I was getting so obsessed about getting PG and am feeling full and fat today - not helped by the fact that I am mega bloated - that time of the month again

Hoping to start afresh this week.

monkeypinkmonkey Wed 29-Jul-09 19:57:03

Hi everyone I'm so glad it's not just me. I've just gorged on apple crumble even though I know I'm full! What I don't get (i'm prob being greedy) but if I have to leave some on my plate I tend to put more on so i put some on to leave. And I find it hard eating at table because if I talk I forget to think about eating!!

danthe4th Wed 29-Jul-09 20:50:24

Just ordered it on amazon, I need to be told to stop eating chocolate, I'm not hugely overweight only a stone but its all blubber because of the chocolate. I'm worse than ever I don't just eat one bar I eat 3 or 4.WHY!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now